Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i finally got the 250/1 to power my pair of w0's and i have all the wires into it and what not, but for some reason, it keeps shutting off after a few seconds...then if i pull out the ground wire, then put it back in, it works for a sec, then it shuts off again...the manual says use a 30 amp fuse, and the guy gave me a 40, but thats all i can see that's off. does this mean i have the positive wire touching ground somewhere and the amp is just shutting down to save itself or something? help me as soon as you can please, thanks, all help is appreciated

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
First thing, put the proper fuse in before you fry something!

Next, check all your connections. It's possible something is shorting out. one thing to try after checking the power/ground wires...run the amp, but disconnect the speaker wire from it. If it doesn't turn-off, then it's probably not your amp, but your speaker connection or speakers themselves that are the problem.

The key is to eliminate each part until you isolate the problem. Let us know what happens w/that.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oook, i disconnected the speakers and rcas, so all thats in there were the remote wire, and the 2 power wires, and it just doesn't even turn on now..i'm starting to think its cause of the remote turn on wire, cause when i had the rcas in, i had the signal sense circuit turned on,and now the only thing telling it to turn on is the remote wire, and thats not doing it at all...what do you guys think? all i can think of is that, or the fuse..would the amp shut off if the fuse was rated at 40 isntead of 30?

·
Registered
317 Posts
i don't really think it's the fuse. You might have a short to ground somewhere. now that it won't go on, you might have to check you ACC(remote) line. and 2 power wires? u mean (+) line and one (-) line right? could be the amp itself. it might have some thermal protection in there that's not function right. this is what i always do. take everything out and do it all over again. and make sure that there's no cuts in the wire or any exposed wire. And make sure that the (+) line is at least 18 inches from the RCA cables, you'll eliminate alot of engine noise (whirring noise when you accelerate). did you get at least a 8-10 guage power line? not enough current flowing through the lines for the amp maybe? could be alot of things. did u connect from the battery terminal post straight to the amp? try these out and let me kno wat happens.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everythings working fine now..turned out the remote turn on wire was wired to the factory harness instead of the aftermarket...oops, heh. thanks for all the help everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts