Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the story..i want to buy an amp. for my speakers and headunit, but i'm afraid that if i ran an amp, it will drain my battery since i have a pulley kit, But then the sales guy @ "best buy" suggested this thing called a "dynamyc(?)", "dynamite(?), i forgot what it's called, it looked like a huge battery...he told me that if i put this thing in, they amp will not drain my battery and it will make the system sounds better.

1)so i would like to know if that is true or not?

2)do i really need big subwoofer to ran amp. what difference does it make? are subwoofers even a MUST?

3)can you big audio experts recommend an amp. if i were to make a purchase. i'm running with sony headunit which is a 45wattX4 and also 4 kenwood speakers @ 160watt peak power each now. my goal is to have a better bass sound.
thanks
Z.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hmm...well, just so you know, I'm pumping roughly 1000 watts rms total AND have a pulley kit, for a long time...zero problems w/the battery!!! or anything electrical for that matter.

Okay, first off, you want better bass, I'd look into getting something small like a single 10" or 12" woofer. As for which one, go listen to a bunch and make your decision based on that.

As for an amp for the rest of your speakers, if you're at best buy, look at the rockford 700X. I'd suggest doing something along the lines of running the 2 front speakers off the amp, bridge the 2 rear channels to run the sub, and leave your rear speakers powered by the deck.

Keep in mind, that's just a single suggestion of many...there are other ways to do it. Hopefully that helps you get going a bit more.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i used to run well over 2400 watts through my single car battery and had no problems but i have sinced moved on to etter things. it should not drain your battery if you have a pulley kit as cheezthis said. there is no real way to tell if this dynawhatever actually works unless someone here has bought one and gives approval or not. amplifiers do not need subwoofers to make it run, it's more like subwoofers need an amp to run. and they are not a must. for your setup you will not need a large amp, just a small one. i recommend a pioneer GM-X364 amplifier it is 300 watts and 4 channeled...seen here..

if you want bass go with a single 12 inch subwoofer with a larger amp that supports your subwoofers output

·
Registered
199 Posts
the dynawhatever you are talking about sounds like it may be a name/brand of a capacitor. If that is the case, you don't need one. That is if you are only running speaker in the stock locations w/ no subs. The only thing caps do is store and provide a "shot of power" when your system can't keep up(like very loud and very low tones that subs produce).

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you are goin with a decent power system i suggest getting a 1 ferrit(sp) capactor or maybe even 2. Just so your lights dont dim and you blow your alternator. As for subs go to Circuit City, they have polk momo and infinity kappa perfects.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah what they said .....amp = more power for speakers. Sub=bass, capacitor helps electrical system. I know a few guys that ao or have worked @ best buy, they don't always know what's going on. But are usually close .

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, rockford700X or pioneer GM-X364 w/ momo, infinity,polk sub. and 2 capacitors....i'll keep that in mind when i'm look at it...so...basically it's means "no sub=no bass" huh..how heavy is a sub? where would you typically mount them? i've seen ppl put huge woodboxes in their trunk but their trunks are like all cracked.
Z.

·
Registered
402 Posts
the weight of a sub usually depends on its size and the weight of its magnet. usually, the heavier the magnet, the better your sound quality will be. as for mounting, by far the most common place to mount them is in the trunk behind the back seat. it is the easiest and cheapest, but not the most eficient. a more efficient way is making a custom sub box in your trunk and fitting the subs more percisely. this will probably cost you more and/or more time. the size of the box depends on the volume the sybwoofer requires in order to operate. each sub has different requirements, but most are around .5-1.0 cubic feet. i have my subs (2 pioneer 10 inchers) in my trunk facing my backseat and i have my amp mounted on the back of my backseat. the subs and amp i bought online, and the box i bought from best buy for around $60. to me its sounds great after a year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
also, a good place to reasearch this stuff is www.crutchfield.com. its a pretty helpful place. i wouldnt buy from there, though. its pretty expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts