Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a particularly clever location for their amp power fuse?

I want it in the engine bay, but I'm thinking if I don't tie it down somehow, the fuse case will eventually crack.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
yeah drill some holes i currently have mine strapped to my battery wire and it looks ghetto. dont make the same mistake lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe, I think I'm on my way to a similiar setup. Or maybe putting two screws through the plastic battery shield (the plastic cover that goes over half the battery on the positive side).

I definitely don't want to drill the frame.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really? I always heard you had to have it within 18" of the battery (max distance), but I hadn't heard a minimum distance. I figure if I mount it on the plastic battery shield, it will be maybe 6" of cable.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You install the fuse/circuit breaker as close as possible to the battery.

The fuse is to protect the car, not the amp.

·
Registered
421 Posts
there is no minimun distance to put the fuse holder from the battery and you dont need to drill holes into the firewall to mount it, if you look right in the center of the firewall up top there is a flat spot and all you need are two screws (the self-tapping kind work better but any will usually work) just screw it right on there... if you are going to attach it to the battery case use a bolt with a nut on the end of it dont use screws they will eventually rattle loose and fall out... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, I ended up using machine screws and nuts, with the bolts pointing outward, i.e. the rounded end is facing the battery. It would be very bad to have the pointy end of a screw toward the battery.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Bringing back this semi old thread. does someone have a good idea for mounting a fuseblock like this:

anywhere other than the battery cover, or the center of the firewall (one of my horns are currently there). I was thinking of putting it on the underside of my metal battery tray, but that would be a royal pain to change, and it is only for my amps, so it doesnt really need to be hidden. I plan on using the existing hole in the firewall by the battery to route my 4ga through so putting it someplace like by the brake MC is just a waste of wire. anyone got any cool setups?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know you ae supposed to have the fuse no more than 30cm away from the battery, but I can't understand why this has to be, wouldn't it do the same job at any point along the cable?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.