Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished reinstalling my system this weekend,when my amp crapped out on me. I can't complain I've had it for almost 7 years. Soundstream Reference 405. Now I need a new amp. Must be 5/6 channel,built in crossovers, and not too expensive($300-350).Any suggestions? NOPI is coming up in 3 weeks and 3 1/2 hours is to long to listen to exhaut drone!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Just a suggest, why not rebuild the amplifier just like an engine is rebuilt. Unless you fried a sh*t load of significant transistors and capacitors, I think a reason that electric components 'crap out' is the power supplies are worn. I don't know too much, but it's worth a try.

Good luck in finding what you want. on your budget and your specifications, I'm assuming you want a quality amp, and I shall suggest a discontinued amplifier from the lines of Sound Stream, Kenwood, Xtant, or any maker of high quality amps.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The 405 is a great amp. Find out how much it would take to get fixed before you buy a new amp. They can give you an estimate for about $25 and put they put that amount toward the final repair bill. You should have it back before NOPI. I've got a Nakamichi p405 that is 9 years old and I would get that thing fixed before buying a new one if it ever conked out. New amps are not always better designed than certain older ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts