Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you guys heard or had any experience with profile or crunch amps?

·
Registered
386 Posts
My buddy had a crunch amp. It was ungodly loud, pushin 2 10's. I have a Kenwood 250 and a mtx 10". Mine's really loud. But i even had a road gear 250 that seemed to work fine for me. Just dont spend alot of money. go used and cheap, or new with a warranty.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
why are people answering with one ot two words of other brands?.. he asked if anyone had info on Profile or Crunch... he didnt ask "what brand would you recommend?"

·
Registered
438 Posts
profile, crunch..those are pretty cheapo. A lot of people around here had some of their electronics and they have a lot of distortion.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the reason i'm asking is...

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/crunch.html
http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/profile.html

look at those prices...i'll need like 150x2 or 200x2 for the sub i'm looking at, and i'm 16, so saving up for this is gonna be hell, so it'd be nice to get a cheaper amp...i mean damn 99.99 for a 200x2 amp? sounds good to me...

oh and thanks z, i was looking for words of experience, not other brand suggestions..unless of course you guys know of another amp brand that can go low with prices...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If your trying to power one sub, why are you looking for a two channel amp. mono block is the way to go

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
suckage. im not all about name brands, but dont gamble with those unless you can have them easily replaced somehow. otherwise, ya the lowest ill go is power acoustik, but i prefer people save with autotek. ss400.4 at frys for 159$ 100x4rms or 250x2rms, 1ohm stable (2ohm mono)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MrMoe on Aug/05/02 said:
If your trying to power one sub, why are you looking for a two channel amp. mono block is the way to go
the subs i'm looking are dvc, and my friend suggested doing one channel to each coil for some reason, so i figured i'd go with his suggestion, he knows what he's doing a lot better than i do...especially on car audio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts