Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm soon to be getting 4 6x9 sony xplod speakers. I was looking to get a little bass in my car, but didn't know too much bout subs/amps. i'm not looking for a hard thud, but more of a true bass tone. I don't want to hear a " bump bump.... bump bump". If anybody can help, or anybody needs clerification just ask. Thx

·
Registered
427 Posts
check out www.edesignaudio.com

they have a b315, or b312 out right now that will match up to almost any sub right now with out the heavy price tag. This is argued over all the audio forums, so check out sounddomain.com and do a little reading.

they sell for about $195 and $215 depending on the size of the speaker.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Edited by 90_integraLS at 02/28/2004 04:27:56 PM

since you know what you want SQ and not just bump go around and listen to different subs at local shops...tell the shops that you wanting sq and not spl most likely send you in the direction of 1 or 2, 10" or 12" subs...but when you are going for sq I can't stress enough to go listen to the stuff.  Also if you have 200 watts going to your highs/mids you'll want that to the sub...a balanced system will generally give you a better sq...but go around and listen to them...personally I like the sq of the new alpine subs...but go listen to them...can't stress it enough.

Later,

Jared

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do you have a 2dr or 4dr? There are several options... You can put a set of 5.25 mid-bass drivers or a set of 6.5 mid-bass drivers in the rear locations. This will move the "highs" from the rear of the car and put your "stage" up front where it should be. Or you could run like a single 8" sub in a sealed box with a small amp. That's what I put in my wife's van, and you can tell it's there, but it doesn't bounce you out with bump, bump, bump... There are a lot of good choices/brands out there, it's up to you how much you want to spend. I use Rockford subs and the rest of my stuff is Profile, it works real well together. Good Luck...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx guys, I think i'm prolly gonna go to a couple of shops and just listen to em. Also, do you guys know anything about sound proofing the inside. I wanna roll up, and nobody can hear anything, then when i roll my windows down it starts bumping :) I know i'm a nerd. Any help?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
fatmat is probably what I'd recommend next to dynamat...

fatmat has stuff to lay under your carpet as well as the normal sound dampening for the rest of your entire car
also have bulk packages...$100 I believe 2 of those should cover your car VERY easilly
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Um, listening to them is a great idea, but imo doing it in a shop does not really pay off. What a sub sounds like in a shop and what it sounds like in a car are 2 completely different things. It's one thing to listen to some components in a shop, but subs, it's a waste of time. Go find friends with systems and listen to theirs or go find a nice big car show and go listen to it there.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
to a point but you can get a feel of if a subs more geared to sq or just plain spl...plus a good car audio shop will have a sub room and while it's not a car...it's a lot closer to a car since it will be enclosed and generally just big enough for a couple people to stand in which is a whole lot better then a big room....so I still stand by the if you're going for sq go listen to them...if it's just spl....solobaric X...lol
Later,
Jared

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.