Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a headunit. i have had mb quart rsd-216 6.5" components in the front for awhile and have been meaning to get a headunit. Im not real knowledgeable about audio-however i have done some research. I am kind of partial to Alpine but any recommendations are welcome. Im just looking to spend no more than like 220.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I recommend an Alpine head unit. Ever since I started buying aftermarket CD players back in 1995, they have all been Alpine. I strayed from Alpine once and bought an Eclipse deck. Unfortunatley, even though the radio was dead sexy, the sound quality was crap so I retured it to the store, went back to Alpine and haven't strayed since. I was an installer for 3 years and have heard many other brands on a consistent basis as a base of comparison. There's just no competition for Alpine as far as the whole package goes. Their great looking decks with top notch build quality.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah, ive never heard anyone complain about alpines. does anyone have the cda-9811? i hate to buy something that i have only read about. i usually like to check them out but i am away at school rit now. how about some feedback from those that have it or a similar alpine.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
For your budget, I'll put my vote down for Alpine. Just never listen to the 8V-out Eclipse head units. You'd say, "F**k my budget!"

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a pioneer P6500. I had to send it back to get it fixed b/c it stopped playing my CD's. But when it worked, it never skipped at all. I only paid 260 for it. not a bad unit if u ask me. The P7500 is the one that plays DVD's

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I have an Alpine 7893. It's a little out of your budget, but I can definitely vouch for their quality. I've had Sony and a host of Pioneer units. I'll never buy anything but Alpine from now on.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
i also say Pioneer or Alpine, I have a Pioneer 840MP which i paid about twice what you are looking to spend fro, but it had been an awesome HU...the only problem i had was kinda major tho, i just stopped working one day last month, it just died. fortunately it had been 13 months and i had a 2 year warrranty so it is currently being repaired/replaced by pioneer. id say go for pioneer on a 220 budget.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.