Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a '95 LS sedan that has the "taupe" interior. This is a muddy brown on the dash, light brown on the floor, and black on the clock, A/C-stereo, gauges, and some of the air vents. I'm thinking of getting an aluminum trim kit. Does anyone have opinions on that, or has anyone seen the aluminum-taupe look? If I do get an aluminum kit, what should I get and from where?

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I have one, and I really like it but my interior is black.

That is the synthetic aluminum kit. Simmilar to what you would see in luxury sport sedans. You can also buy true aluminum dash kits, which is more like what you would see in a sports car. They are both about the same amount cost wise.

I also painted afew places silver in my car, to kinda fit the aluminum dash look. I liked how it turned out.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey, you have any more pictures of that? That looks great. I'm a sucker for aluminum look interiors. I was gonna ask about it, searched around, and came up with this thread.

I was wondering if the "brushed aluminum" look could be done well in Integras. I was just thinking of things like the A/C vent surround plastic, but something more dynamic might look nice... Nothing like Porsche's Arctic Silver package, of course, but maybe something nifty to spruce up the G3 Integra's rather dull interior?

BTW, where do you buy something like that? I was thinking it'd have to be done home-made...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i have tan interior, and i think teh aluminum trim kit only goes good with black interior.

·
Registered
966 Posts
king on May/01/03 said:
i have tan interior, and i think teh aluminum trim kit only goes good with black interior.
I'm inclined to agree. Black with silver trim is nice, but beige with silver trim is just gross. And it doesn't really do anything with gray.

·
Registered
80 Posts
one question...do you ever see anyone walk around with tan pants and a gray shirt or visa versa? no, a brushed aluminum kit would look horrible and i can guarentee that you would be very diappointed with it. the only thing that will match a tan interior would be a wood grain dash kit and i dont think you're looking for the luxury look

·
Registered
207 Posts
actually I've seen tan khakis with a gray shirt and it goes quite well.it was a big color thing too with the GAP. however, the aluminum kit with the tan interior I think will clash. tan interior goes well with wood trim finish. I don't know if you want that. I was interested in the alum. kit as well and even though I have a black/grey interior my car is paradise blue on the outside. I'm still debating that color combination. like if my car was black, white or silver, then it would look like the complete total package.

·
Registered
597 Posts
i have an aluminum interior kit and the diamond plate floormats. was 240 for everything, they called it "the full metal jacket" lol i like it a lot,b ut its not coming off, and if it does theres gona be some bad bad bad residue.. but i wouldnt take it off anyways, i love it! and also i have black interior, but i have seen teh fake aluminum interior(where its just the look doen in some kinda plastic), but it didnt look very bad imo..if you want a picture go look at my imagestation album and there is a good shot.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4290666087

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
StyleTEG on Aug/17/02 said:
I have one, and I really like it but my interior is black.

That is the synthetic aluminum kit. Simmilar to what you would see in luxury sport sedans. You can also buy true aluminum dash kits, which is more like what you would see in a sports car. They are both about the same amount cost wise.

I also painted afew places silver in my car, to kinda fit the aluminum dash look. I liked how it turned out.
HEY! We have the same interior!!! I've got that same kit on my car!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Back to the original question, I don't think aluminum looks very good with the tan interior. We tried it in my friends car after I told him it would look bad. I still think it looks bad although he claims he likes it. Anyways.....have you thought about going for maybe a carbon fiber dash kit? That wouldn't look bad with a tan interior, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Ewwww....

I hate the carbon fibre look and I personally think it's a passing fad. I want carbon fibre body panels for my car for weight savings, but I'll guarantee you that they'll all be sanded down and painted to match.

Typical combinations that look good...

Black or dark grey interior - Brushed Aluminum trim

Being or tan interior - Woodgrain trim

·
Registered
357 Posts
my g/fs moms Mitsu Galant has tan interior with aluminum trim.. i think it looks pretty nice. Im still debating on whether i want to get the aluminum, carbon fiber, or just paint mine.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I have a tan interior too. I really want to have a black interior so im going to see if i can go to a junkyard and rip one out or go to a local upholstery place to get some leather action in there. I was originally gonna get a carbon fiber dash kit for it though. i thought it would look hot with black seats, black floormats, black steering wheel, etc. etc. everything that your can add on black basically.

This is a good website for trim kits. they have a very large variety and will fit any integra.here

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got a full black sedan interior for sale, mint condition, cloth. If you have a coupe, the front seats and dash and little parts WILL all fit.

Ben

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
neouser on May/02/03 said:
HEY! We have the same interior!!! I've got that same kit on my car!!!
Really now? I must say, you have excellent taste neo. This might qualify for a free lap dance.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
StyleTEG on May/02/03 said:
Really now? I must say, you have excellent taste neo. This might qualify for a free lap dance.
How much did you pay for yours? From what I remember, I think mine was like $120 or something like that from www.goldplated.com.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts