Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! It's been a while.

My car: 2000 Integra GSR

So a handful of years ago I bought a high amp alternator off ebay after the one I had installed failed. Then I had decided to wait until the stock 90 amp one failed again to replace with my new higher amp one. I cannot remember what it was rated for, I had purchased it so long ago it's not even on my ebay orders list anymore.

ANYWAY. Upon finally swapping them, I find that the plug is different. The bolts line up just fine, the harness will simply not plug into the new alternator. I would be fine with wiring this up myself with some dummy wires (unless someone has a better idea or there is some kind of cheater plug I could buy), I would just like to make sure I have the wires hooked up correctly.

Here is a picture of the alternators side by side:

I am not sure if the high amp alternator has a plug that is designed for a non-vtec, b16 motor, or what. Both alternators have a 4 conductor harness so I feel like it's possible to get them working instead of ditching my high amp one and continuing abusing a 90 amp with my sound system.

Here's a couple more pictures to help you guys potentially help me. I gave all the conductors numbers to try and make it easy in the event someone is familiar with what to do.

SIDE NOTE - I'm sure it's been mentioned, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANYONE BUY A YELLOW TOP OPTIMA. They don't last long at all. I know its harder on any battery without having a proper charging system but still, this is a pathetic Gel AGM Deep Cycle battery. I heard they went down hill since they were bought out and manufactured in Mexico. You're better off with anything else for the money. At least they replace them while the warranty is still up. The last one lasted just about a year with less than 2000 miles driven.

Thank you to anyone who reads all of this. I wish I could give you cash for the level of knowledge this may take. I do own a shop service manual for these cars and I'd be happy to relay any information if anyone wants.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
94-95 Integras used your "New" plug that you're showing above (round plug). 96-01 Integra's utilized the "old" plug (1st pic, square). My guess is it has something to do with going from OBD1 to OBD2 between those generations.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Indeed, that high amp alternator has an obd1 plug socket. You can grab a pigtail off any 92-95 civic or 94-95 integra. And that will work.

Or if you don't want to cut wires, they sell adapter harnesses on ebay for like $10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts