Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat's up guys...time to change my supercharger belt. i was wondering if there are any good alternatives to the belt from jackson racing. $21.95 for a belt from jackson racing seems a bit steep for a belt. so i was wondering if there are any other good alternatives. i remember reading about kelley springfield...but any other brand besides that? does it really matter what brand i use for my sc belt? are the differences in quality really that big?

eric

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
well I wouldn't say a brand doesn't matter make sure it's the right size and has a good warranty...they seem to be made better since they'll have to be replaced if they go out...just my opinion

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
"they" who? JR's warranty doesn't cover "normal" wear items...

nobody expects these belts to last 2yr/100k miles.

i use gator-back belts, if i can find them in the right size. otherwise, i just use whatever's cheap and keep an eye on it.

use some belt dressing too--you can run them a little looser without the risk of slippage.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Gvtec on Feb/10/04 said:
only the size matters, not the brand.

Quote: 90_integraLS on Feb/10/04 well I wouldn't say a brand doesn't matter make sure it's the right size and has a good warranty...
Isn't that what Garrett said?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hope i don't sound like and idiot...but here goes...

what's a gator-back belt? is it a brand?

what's belt dressing?

k. i got it out. thanks guys.

eric

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
gator-back is a brand, yes. i think goodyear makes them. they're really strong, and very grippy. neat belts, but they're hard to find in these oddball sizes. a little expensive too.

belt dressing comes in a spray can (i have stuff made by STP, but other people make it), and it's just this stuff you spray onto a moving belt, and it makes it stickier.

the guys at autozone will know about both things--belt dressing is a pretty old domestic trick, to not have to run as much belt tension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts