Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put a modest system in my Integra, using the stock front & rear speaker locations. I've had a few shops recommend the Alpine Type-S 6.5" Components for the front, but they did not have any on hand to demo. Before I buy anything, I do plan to get out and listen to as many different brands/models as possible. However, I was hoping that some of the members here could comment on this line of component speakers? one of the shops mentioned that they were a new line that just hit the streets? I did a google for them, but only found the SPS-170A (6.5" coaxials), which I am thinking of using in the rear, and the Type-S subs.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
i have the type-r 6.5 components right now and they are amazing... i love them sooo much and they sound very very crisp, with just the right amount of bass. i would recommend the alpine components, u will be very satisfied.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have the type and and i get clear highs, i have a crossover on them so i dont kno how bass response is but mids and high come in clear and get loud

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TaiChi on Apr/01/04 said:
The type S components have been out awhile I think.
I, too, thought that they had been out for a little while. However, I could not seem to find any reviews on them. Everything that I did come across seemed to reference the Type-R components, or the Type-S coaxials. Speaking of which, any opinions on the them would be appreciated at well (SPS-170A 6.5" Coaxials)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Actually, they're quite new. I've had a listen to them recently, and they sound better than the old Alpine Type-R components. I consider them to be at the upper end of their price range. As for the Type-S coaxials, they're in the middle of the pack for their price range.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a 4 door, and having a hard time fitting them in in my door. The power window motor is behind the speaker so I can't go back any further. Also, when I do the trick Morning Z shows in the articles, I still don't have enought space.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jvschlegel on Apr/05/04 said:
I have a 4 door, and having a hard time fitting them in in my door. The power window motor is behind the speaker so I can't go back any further. Also, when I do the trick Morning Z shows in the articles, I still don't have enought space.
So you've tried using a 3/4" MDF ring and you still do not have enough clearance to mount the midbass driver? Do you still have room between the midbass driver and your door panel? If so, perhaps you could try a MDF ring that is a bit thicker? Does anyone know if the placement of the power window motor on the hatchbacks are different?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the 171a in the front and am very happy with them also for the rear I just did the regular coax 170a and think the setup is great very pleased with for the 171a compnets it would be good to have a dremel for the install, they actually come with like a 3/4 think ring for hondas but you need to trim for it to fit

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
Spy021 on Apr/05/04 said:
Does anyone know if the placement of the power window motor on the hatchbacks are different?
its not the motor thats the problem, its the front window guide/rail, apparently its closer to the opening in a 4 door than a 2 door....

just build out more than 3/4", try 1" wood instead

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MorningZ on Apr/16/04 said:
its not the motor thats the problem, its the front window guide/rail, apparently its closer to the opening in a 4 door than a 2 door....

just build out more than 3/4", try 1" wood instead
Thanks for the info.

Well rather than the Apline Type-S components, I've decided to go with a set of CDT EF-61CV 6.5" components in the front and a set of CDT CL-6x coaxials in the rear. Hope to have them here by the middle of next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts