Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just purchased a Alpine CVA-1006 from e-bay. He got it really cheap and i was surprised. What came in the box was just the reciever. It was missing the tuner that comes with it. Now is there anyway I can run the reviever without the tuner. I got three wires and a thick black I/F plug. That one goes into the tuner. I also have a alpine eq, if that would help. Can anyone give me the model # of the tuner so i could purchase it or something. Thanks

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
"He got it really cheap and i was surprised"

well don't be... because
"It was missing the tuner that comes with it."

just rendered that purchase as 100% useless..... you cannot run the unit w/o the hideaway pack.. your brother, sorry to say, just wasted his money

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was checking it out. You can buy tuners like tcs-430A. Would that work as a replacement or i have to buy the exact replacement? This sucks man, on the listing the guy wrote no tuner included. My brother doesnt know jack about those so he just bid.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
you need to have have hideaway box to make the flip out chassis work....

theres no way without it, the tv tuner pack isn't the box it needs, you guys are screwed without the other half....

if the guy selling it didn't post that it was without the hideaway pack (its not "just" a tuner, its also controls, processing, and control, among 10,000 other things).. then i would approach him about it, and at least give him a REALLY bad rating on eBay

chances are that part you have is stolen, there is no other explanation

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the tuner box from ebay. Now the only thing im missing is the wiring for the tuner. Pacparts.com has it expensive. Is there anywhere else I can get those cheaper? I need the data cable and the 2 harnesses (16 pin and 4 pin)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts