Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading for awhile. A lot of people feel that tokico blues can't handle over 1.5" of drop.

I have been looking on the internet a lot and there is a package by tokico which includes 4 blues and springs for a 1.7" drop.

Why would tokico do this if the blues only handle 1.5".

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
My warranty is void on my blues if they are on a car that is lowered more than 1.5

You should get in contact with Tokico and ask them about their package. I always thought the package was a 1.5 for the G3, but have been seeing it as 1.75 drop.

Maybe Tokico has improved the shocks again to handle the more agressive drop with that kit.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think most shocks have that caviot in their warranty. KYB AGX's have that same stipulation but many people run them w/ H&R Sports or even H&R Race and they swear by them

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
It's not that they don't ride great. Their not made to handle that much of a drop. Unless they have been redesigned as above.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jojo on Apr/08/04 said:
It's not that they don't ride great. Their not made to handle that much of a drop. Unless they have been redesigned as above.
I know. People are saying that they blow quick with anything over a 1.5" drop, so I was wondering why tokico would sell a package with the shock that drops the car 1.7"?????????

·
Registered
129 Posts
maybee the inside is changed up on the shocks that come in the kits...just guessing on that one tho. Im using the kyb gr2's...which are like the agx's on #2 setting...and the ride is fine and none of them have blown oh these sh*tty WI roads. ohya, im using h&r race springs too.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
i have the blues on my ride and i dont have a problem with them. i notice a difference when i switched from oem to aftermarket. i love and i havent had a problem. my car is low talkin about 2.5 inch drop all around. pics in my profile

·
Registered
286 Posts
on tokico's website :
"Caution: Excessive lowering or slamming can damage your car and void your shock absorber warranty."
Also:
"Proper lowering can improve handling and the fun factor in your car. Excessive lowering reduces ground clearance and suspension travel. It can cause a number of problems including:

• Stress cracks in the body or chassis.
• Damaged suspension parts (such as shocks).
• Reduced adhesion -
causing poor handling and braking.
• Severe tire wear.
• A harsh ride."

Tokico offers the kit as you mentioned above:
"The kits combine either the HP series of performance non-adjustable shocks/struts, or the Illumina 5 position adjustable shocks/struts with a matched set of performance lowering springs."

TOKICO CLAIMS THAT their illumina AND HP kits only lower the car 1.5 as this order number shows:

"Integra (Incl. GS-R, Exc, Type R) 1994-00 HPK201 ILK202 RAK 502(A) 1.5" <====== 1.5 is the last number in the line indicating the drop.
Check it outyourselves:

Tokico Shock Info

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I think the people selling the kits are misinformed, or trying to pass it off as a lower drop. I go by what the Tokico website says. Thats why I purchased mine =)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Furious94LS on Apr/08/04 said:
I think the people selling the kits are misinformed, or trying to pass it off as a lower drop. I go by what the Tokico website says. Thats why I purchased mine =)
Man so true, there are many inconcistancies on the net.

Thanks for the info guys.

I have decided on blues so now it is up in the air between H&R SPorts/tokico springs (package)/sportline. Leaning towards the sports due to the lower drop up front.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I hope you guys read the article and realize that:

It is NOT the drop but it is the SPRING RATE that determains what shock you need to buy to go with it

Thanks to the mods for pointing that out to me when I was getting into suspension.

For example, take eibach pro kit for example, it's a 1.3" drop but the spring rate is higher then tokico springs which drops 1.5"

All in all, what I'm trying to say is that you should not look only at the drop but also at the spring rate and then you can compare that to the shock to make sure the shock could handle it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
well, iuno if this is correct but....if u read on the tokico website for their comptetion illumina r coilover kit..if i can remember right, a few months ago tokico wrote for the details of their coilover set that the illumina shocks that comes with the kit has something different in it than the regular illuminas that they sell seperately. i forgot what they changed or added on to those shocks, but im going to guess they did the same for those blues/spring kit. i hope i made sense? hehe..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts