Team Integra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
jot1teg on Dec/09/08 said:
1987 Integra RS in Sonic Metallic Blue - factory color...

Charleton, SC

Nice car- looks like an SE... does it have 4 wheel disc & sunroof? BTW thats not an original color, but looks really good.

Check out our site g1teg.org

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
After going through this car for the last month I've still got lot's to do. So far I've done: timing belt, H2O pump, alternator, plugs, cap, rotor, motor mount (1), valve cover seals, rotors, pads and brake hoses, lube and valve adjustment. I'm keeping it OEM-quality with factory parts.

I was at the salvage yard last week. I found a gas door, headlight retractor switch, fan switch resistor and a few other details. When I got out to the parking lot I noticed someone stole my rear wiper cover (m*th*rf*ck*r)!

I'm looking at tires now. I'm thinking of getting Hankook but the Dunlop is looking better in terms of tread wear and cost. I'm also getting new struts (KYB or Tokico nothing radical or $$$).

I'll get pic's up soon.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
95gen3gsr on Jan/05/09 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Acuras have been equipped with disc brakes all the way around.
G1 trivia comin' at ya! Canadian G1's had rear drums. The European 1.5L carb G1's had rear drums but the PGM-FI 1.6L G1's had rear discs. My 87 LS had 4-wheel disc brakes with power assist. Oddly enough, the G3 DC1 Integra overseas had a D-series and drum brakes though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Absolute Racing Suspension?!" Now we're getting somewhere!!! What kind of sway bars and springs? Is it okay for the street (bumps, potholes)? Please elaborate. I'm currently stock but I'm looking to upgrade to the best cornering possible. Thanks for any advice, tips you can offer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
in my opinion it is the best suspension. ive driven lot of lowered cars and most of the time they ride like a tank. i have the tokico fully adjustable shock suspension. it mite not be the best out there but for what i need the car for right now its great. anybody have an airbag suspension on a 1st gen? i was thinking of getting the airbag/shock suspension for my car but i want to get some opinions first.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
1GoldTeg on Dec/17/08 said:
Quote: jot1teg on Dec/09/08 1987 Integra RS in Sonic Metallic Blue - factory color...

Charleton, SC

Nice car- looks like an SE... does it have 4 wheel disc & sunroof? BTW thats not an original color, but looks really good.

Check out our site g1teg.org

Mike
Actually, Sonic Blue Metallic (B-33MZ) was a factory color available on the 1987 Integra RS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
might as well post... had my gen.1 a week and so far haven't seen another old teg anywhere, even at the weekly lil tuner meet we have here in Daytona

Fletch
89 gen.1 with some rust

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all, just registered on the forums the other day.
Been lurking for a while, and moving over from CI.

And more directly to the point...
John
1989 LS dohc
Waiting on my Tokico Illumina Coilovers to be delivered.
Wanting to swap the engine out for something that's more circuit than 1/4 mile, but no clue What kind of block fits the '89 LS.

I would like to keep this looking like a sleeper.
Any suggestions or recommendations on where to go from here are greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I had my transmission replaced back in November, and I'm still having problems. My coworker says I'm missing a breather hose. Eh, I'll worry about it more after the swap.

Ugh, rambling again.

Hi guys! I look forward to interacting with you all!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts