Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new wheels. will alignment be messed up now with these wheels then it was with my stock 14's. new wheels are 16's. thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
the change in wheel diameter can cause changes in your alignment readings, for the cost of the alignment compared to the cost of replacing your new 16" tires if they show bad wear quickly, I would get it done.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
don't think that it will mess up your alignment, but your 16in tires will wear out faster than your 14in tires, don't remember exactly why but that's what they told me when i went from 15in to 17in.

·
Registered
743 Posts
it will not affect your alignment. The suspension is still in the same point of its travel so nothing has changed. Frequent checking for missalignment and correcting the alignment on time is very important though!Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I beg to differ with you b18bad, the change to 16" rims will change the alignment angles. The new wheels will have a different offset and the footprint of the tires will be different, this causes the suspension angles to change - giving premature tire wearout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts