Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well some ass clown broke into my car last night, well good thing for me I didnt have anything in the car so nothing is missing but now its time for a alarm so anyone got any good ideas on a good alarm and maybe a good place to get one

·
Registered
215 Posts
Go with viper. #1 or (clifford,python,valet,hornet) all the same company
check best buy($500) and then look on ebay($100-200) 791xv (2way pager,remote start /starter kill) is what I got, and im lovin evry min. now I can sleep at night.
if your real good with wires you can install one. ive done like 12 installs on Acura/Honda/Fords

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i had a viper in my crx and a python in my integra, I installed them both, I been thinking of just doing another install, but also been thinking of having it installed.

i alos seen a guy from HT that did a stealth install and I was thinking of maybe trying my hand at that.

idk theres a guy on ok-speed that can get me a astra777 paging alarm for 75, and another guy says he has a brand new python hell sell me for cheap im just waiting on the model number from him

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from what i heard it a good alarm scytek makes it, but i was waiting to hear back from the guy in ADA that works at a shop that sells them, but i couldnt wait so i went to ultimate electronics and look at the alarms they had and of course the ones i wanted were out of stock and discontinued, so i looked to ebay and amazon. well i bought a clifford matrix 10.5x for $100 brand new from amazon, i lost the bid war on ebay and it go to pricy.

so im just waiting for it to get here, i also been buying parts off ebay. dei backup battery - $14 shipped, mini peizo horn - $9 shipped.

the mod on honda-tech audio/security/video has a site for steath alarm installs (great walk through) so i am going to use his walkthrough and install the clifford myself. hell to have a shop install it would be $150+

i know i can do it I just didnt want to spend the time to do it, but i would rather have it done right by myself then having a shop do it for me and do a crappy job.

i dont mind paying to have a good job done, but i fell the installers at some stores just plain suck and i dont want a hack job.

·
Registered
215 Posts
its true alot of bestbuys circuitcitys do half ass jobs, their are other private shops that do some good installs. I got a quote of $200 from a viper dealer $650 total with alarm. I just went and bought it for $199 off amazon 10months ago. saved a bunch just shipping took 3 weeks :O I could not sleep untill it arrived.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I am new here. I just get my new teg couple weeks ago. I am planning to install a viper alarm into my teg. However, I am just wondering which model of viper alarm u guys suggest. There are many different model out there. Please give me some advices.

(p.s. I am willing to invest as much as I can to protect my teg and get away from thief.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
avanmanchun on Oct/07/07 said:
Hey guys, I am new here. I just get my new teg couple weeks ago. I am planning to install a viper alarm into my teg. However, I am just wondering which model of viper alarm u guys suggest. There are many different model out there. Please give me some advices.

(p.s. I am willing to invest as much as I can to protect my teg and get away from thief.)

get one thats a 2 way alarm, if your set on the viper the model # is either the viper 5002 or viper 3002 or the new viper 7900 with color lcd remote
http://www.viper.com/Products/Security.aspx also invest in a backup battery, i also suggest a piezo horn and you also can get the viper gps installed
heres the viper 791vx
http://cgi.ebay.com/VIPER-791-XV-2-WAY-ALARM-SYSTEM-AUTO-REMOTE-START-GPS_W0QQitemZ320167698543QQihZ011QQcategoryZ71530QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

well my alarm came in on friday. I bought it from amazon and thought I was getting the clifford matrix 10.5x instead the guy sent me the chifford matrx 10.2x. so my 2way alarm doesnt have the lcd remote it has a led remote. so it will work I had my heart set on the lcd remote but the led remote will do just fine. i pulled a muscle in my left arm at work so i am on the disable list so i cant put my alarm in yet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bonKeRz86 on Oct/02/07 said:
its true alot of bestbuys circuitcitys do half ass jobs, their are other private shops that do some good installs. I got a quote of $200 from a viper dealer $650 total with alarm. I just went and bought it for $199 off amazon 10months ago. saved a bunch just shipping took 3 weeks :O I could not sleep untill it arrived.
oh i did stop in this little alarm/window tint shop by my house and was just curious how much it would be to install the alarm and they guy who owns the shop is also into hondas, and he said he would charge me 100 for the install on my alarm

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good deal, $ 100 , make sure they dont cut any corners and ask if you can see any on their completed jobs.

avanmanchun on Oct/07/07 said:

let me add this It is also wise to install multi bat-backup sirens. (hidden makes it beter) incase they cut the wires while the alarm is active, it keeps on blazin full volume untill you put the key in off switch.

this actualy save a GSR powerd civic hatch. guy goes out finds his hood poped and his door open, they tryed to cut the alarm wires and the backup siren keept on ringing so they got scared and ran off.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I plan on asking if I can see some complete installs, the owner that I talked to has a civic hatch, so he said the wires will be the same as his hatch except I have power door locks and dont need door actulators.

and oh Yes I do have a back up horn. a small piezo horn that will be well hidden inside the car along with a backup battery. i havent taken the car to him yet to install it. when I had talked to him i told him i didnt want some simple install where the alarm was in the drivers kick panel i want a install that he would want in his own car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.