Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in class today, we were trouble shooting electrical problems. i had my car in the shop and went to disconnect the alarm siren cuz it was getting annoying. i'm pretty sure the alarm on there is the one from the factory, but i'm not 100% sure.

anyway, i was going over how it's wired and its pretty ghetto. all someone would have to do to disable the alarm is to cut the wire that is grounded on the shock tower. i'm sure thats how a lot of your alarms are set up too.

i'm rewiring mine so its a little more discreet. i've got a few other things i'm working on, but i'm not saying for security purposes.

just a warning if you are worried about security.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
all they would have to do is cut the ground wire to the SIREN...

the ground for the system is in the car, probably on the bolt by the drivers kick panel...

and you have a 95 gsr..there is no such thing as factory security....you have a dealer installed accessory...

honda factory security didnt show up in integras untill the 98 redesign if I rember correctly, which means you have an aftermarket unit....try and find the brain, (also probalby in the drivers kick panel, and read the model off of it....

·
Registered
269 Posts
well even if they cut the alarm siren most alarms have a starter kill feature which would remain active unless they disabled the brain as well. so no siren but still the car remains unstartable

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lsvteg on Feb/18/04 said:
well even if they cut the alarm siren most alarms have a starter kill feature which would remain active unless they disabled the brain as well. so no siren but still the car remains unstartable
nope i tested that earlier. at least with the alarm i have it doesn't work that way. with the 'siren' ground disconnected, the alarm is disabled, and the car can still start.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jgold47 on Feb/18/04 said:
all they would have to do is cut the ground wire to the SIREN...

the ground for the system is in the car, probably on the bolt by the drivers kick panel...

and you have a 95 gsr..there is no such thing as factory security....you have a dealer installed accessory...

honda factory security didnt show up in integras untill the 98 redesign if I rember correctly, which means you have an aftermarket unit....try and find the brain, (also probalby in the drivers kick panel, and read the model off of it....
that would explain why my remote says 'VIPER' on it. lol.

eitherway, i'm pretty sure it came from the dealer like that... which sucks... and anyone concerned about their car's security should check out how their alarm is hooked up.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'll have to agree with you...your alarm is ghetto. I'm always pissed off when I find stuff the dealer did to my car. They put something on the car to make my 3rd brake light blink every time I braked, and then there was a DRL relay. I think I need to pick up my cars off the boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.