Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one day as I was getting off work I went to push my alarm remote to turn it off and it didn't do anything. I don't know what kind of alarm it is because it came with the car and I know the batteries in the remote are good because the little red light on the alrm remote lights up. I don't know what could have happened in just a few hours. All I can guess is that the high-voltage power lines I park under finally scrambled my alarm or something. What's wrong and how can I get it fixed?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Maybe pop open your remote, and clean off the battery
and the terminals it touches. That helped me once...
it was dirty inside. It could still be the battery, too,
even if the light does light up. You could test the
battery with a meter, or just replace it for the few
dollars.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
YES, all the lint fro your pocket get's into the casing and dirtys up the entire remote. take a small hard bristled paint brush, dip it in tech cleaner or rubbing alchole, and brush off the entire remote... let it sit for a minute or 2 just to let it dry... then try it out... if the battery measures OK and the remote still dosent work... then maybe your alarm blew a fuse (which would mean the LED in your car isnt even on!) or maybe the antenna from the alarm fell down and is just not piking up the signal.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, well I cleaned the remote off, replaced the batteries and checked the fuses and the antenna on the alarm and it still won't work. The funny thing that I forgot to mention is that I had two remotes, one on my keychain and one locked away in my room for safe keeping. When the first one quit I immediately tried my back up and that didn't work either (it was brand new). I'm really at a lost you guys. Even a guess might help me but I honestly ran out of ideas.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
it would really really help to know what kind of alarm this is.... any attempt to help would be a total shot in the dark otherwise....

if you could check the fuses to the alarm, then that means you can actually get to the alarm brain, find out what it is

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
on my alarm my remote will become deprogrammed from the system for no apparent reason. It takes me less than a minute to fix this with my alarm. Your alarm may be different, but it's something to consider. I suggest looking through your manual if you have it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey Fentoozler, how do you fix your alarm? And no Brian, it doesn't work at all not even at close range, the remote is useless right now unless you guys can help me before I go down to the alarm shop.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have tha same problem if im like ten feet away, i can arm and disarm my alarm, but if i get further out then it gets out of range and i caint seem to arm it anymore. i have the clifford concept 200 (the ones wit carbon fiber remote) does anyone know wuts wrong?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a Clifford alarm on my first teg and the remote didn't work sometimes either. As far as features Clifford is one of the better brands of alarms out there but there reliability just flat out sucks. My advice to you both is to change your alarm system. Go with Sidewinder or Python. They have the same features as Clifford, just not as easy to use, but they'll last for a long time

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Clifford is made from DEI...same company that makes Sidewinder, Viper, etc. So, saying Clifford sucks and the others don't is pretty stupid...no offense.

As for not working past 10 ft....keep in mind the battery life of a remote. on top of that, there's such a thing known as interference. That interference can drastically shorten the operating range.

For example, I have a wireless transmitter/receiver for my guitar, and it's supposed to work over 1/4 mile away from the receiver (line of sight), but it never will because there's too much stuff interfering w/it.

If I'm in downtown Chicago, my remote barely works 2 car lengths away. However, if I'm at my parent's house (suburbs of St. Louis), I can use the remote from extremely far away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i dont think its interference frum mines or tha batteries cuzz i changed it. my neighbor hood is really quiet still doesnt work i gota get up close same when im at skool.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sometimes i have to reset my alarm . I do this by removing the alarm fuse for about a minute and then replace it . Presto problem solved !

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
put the remote under your chin when you press the button...your body acts like a ground and you get better range.......just dont let anyone see you....

:)

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
i'm just wondering if you guys think my remote is dead too. it fell out of my pocket while driving a go-kart at one of the t-i meets(kart-2-kart) and it then got ran over by another driver. the remote worked when the meet was over but the next day it seemed to have died. i have the viper(don't know what type)alarm.

·
Registered
359 Posts
hey my alerm remote doenst work at some places downtown.
i dont know i can ARM it..but i can' t dis-arm it...
and everything i try to get into my car it looks like i'm stealing my own car...its embarressing..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts