Team Integra Forums banner

Air not blowing out of vents hard.

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Carliiiitos 
#1 ·
Okay so first thing i did was change the blower motor because it didnt work. I switched it on and boom working. i then realized that it wasnt blowing air out. So next to the blower is the condenser 'which had a lot of debris, I cleaned it out and still nothing. So i did what i thought would really help and took the air condenser out of the box and still nothing..... a few weeks later im freezing cold with my windows fogged up while driving. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Full-size car

See less See more
#4 ·
Look at the motor directions and see if its reversible rotation. And check the blower resistor speed control
GL and let us know what you find.
I checked the direction and the air blows the way it’s supposed to go. Also all of my speeds work and can hear a difference in speed/strength. It blows hard when it’s not hooked up to the vent system, but when I put it back it doesn’t do anything at all.

#3 · (Edited)
you should be able to get some heat flowing by cracking the moonroof and/or windows a bit
and make sure recirc is off (i think, try it both ways). worked well for me when i was blowing the underhood blower motor fuse due to honda cheaping out on the blower motor connector so it arced across the wires.

#6 ·
Dose it sound like the air is blocked? Like the duct is pressurized?
It may be the damper is wacky or a mouse nest?!
Keep us up on what you find,
Thanks 2k
Once again I took my dash out to see everything better, It only takes like 10 mins and thats all. So I went ahead and checked to see if all the doors moved, The only one that seems to be broken is the blend door. But other than that I wasn't able to see anything blocking all the air. Since I had the dash out I put new seals around all the vents and on the blower motor box, After a few days I did notice that the heat was coming out a lot better and it was starting to defog the window better than usual and I wasn't freezing my ass off the whole time, but it still acts like its not blowing strong. The motor sounds like a hurricane passing by but feels like someone blowing through a straw. Im gonna try cleaning out where the windshield wipers go and see if I can find anything thats clogging the system. I also took a look at the resistor on the blower motor box and did notice some cracks where they connect to each other. I'll try taking a picture of it tomorrow when I change out my oil pressure switch.

#7 ·
Hey carliiiitos,
Sounds like the blower is running full on. More to me like a mouse has his house in the main plenum. You have the 3 speeds on the blower the resistor is good. Get in there with a little shop vac hose and evict that critter
: ^ )
Merry Christmas!
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.