Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am having some A/C problems. Just replaced my A/C Drier and Expansion Valve then vacuumed the system and added 2 12oz cans of R134A I think it was. Still same thing. It blows just a little cool. Obviously this is something else. Could it be the compressor? When I turn the AC on I can see the compressor wheel thing moving. I don't mean the belt on it. Anything else to check?

I have a 98 LS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you physically see the compressor clutch engaging & disengaging when the A/C is turned on?
I don't know much about A/C... All I can say is when I turn the AC on, I can feel the car kind of "jump" or I can feel the car work harder. Then when I turn the AC off, car goes back to normal. What are some things I can check with it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can visually check the a/c compressor with the a/c on. The clutch and pulley must rotate together. If the a/c is not on, the pulley itself is only rotating. I would say make sure your a/c clutch is working properly, your condenser fan is on, and your cables filter isn't plugged. If everything checks out, I would buy manifold gauges and check your pressures.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can visually check the a/c compressor with the a/c on. The clutch and pulley must rotate together. If the a/c is not on, the pulley itself is only rotating. I would say make sure your a/c clutch is working properly, your condenser fan is on, and your cables filter isn't plugged. If everything checks out, I would buy manifold gauges and check your pressures.
I can only assume you mean cabin filter. which integras do not have, and it being clogged would not affect A/C if it had one. check a/c relay, and clutch as mentioned

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can only assume you mean cabin filter. which integras do not have, and it being clogged would not affect A/C if it had one. check a/c relay, and clutch as mentioned
Yes I ment cabin filter. If integras did have cabin filters and if it was clogged it actually would affect the system. It would restrict air flowing through the evaporator. Air needs to flow freely through the evap so that the air can cool down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Be sure the Condenser fan runs. It is controlled by the ECU. When the ECU sees high pressure in the high side of the system it turns the condenser fan on by grounding the relay. Be sure you can hear the heater temp door closing against the cold stop and hot stop. If it is not closing in the cold position leaving even an inch open you will not get cold air. If it is electronic you may not hear this. Also try to find the "High" side out of the compressor. It is the tube that ultimately leads to the Condenser. Be careful... it should be HOT to the touch with the AC running.

Reactions: anoble1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be sure the Condenser fan runs. It is controlled by the ECU. When the ECU sees high pressure in the high side of the system it turns the condenser fan on by grounding the relay. Be sure you can hear the heater temp door closing against the cold stop and hot stop. If it is not closing in the cold position leaving even an inch open you will not get cold air. If it is electronic you may not hear this. Also try to find the "High" side out of the compressor. It is the tube that ultimately leads to the Condenser. Be careful... it should be HOT to the touch with the AC running.
Fans in the front turn on and when I turn the AC on the other fan cuts on.
Where do I hear the temp door? I have a "slide" for hot and cold. I'll check to see if I hear a noise in the hot and cold slide. Also, I'll see if that High side is hot on the compressor line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where do I hear the temp door? I have a "slide" for hot and cold. I'll check to see if I hear a noise in the hot and cold slide. Also, I'll see if that High side is hot on the compressor line.
Kind of be sure the temperature slide goes all the way to the hot side without stopping before its usual end. That would mean the cold side is hanging open. It would need to be adjusted under the dash.

Reactions: anoble1

·
Registered
571 Posts
under your dash behind the glove box. you'll see a the cable leading to it. I had the same problem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
under your dash behind the glove box. you'll see a the cable leading to it. I had the same problem
Solved.... Reached underneath the glove box and moved the slide pulling it all the way towards me and it stated blowing cold like it should.... Seemed to only go so far with the slide above the radio....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.