Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the article.

I just did a 98+ conversion. And when I am parked at a stop sign and a car drives past me (perpindicular to my car) my headlights (lowbeam) shine into their car window. isnt that too high? i used a screwdriver to turn the wheel to adjust the headlight like the article says but i didnt see a difference. am i doing something wrong? i had the headlights shining on my garage door while i was doing this and there was no difference in the height of where the light was shining

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
maybe you turned the wrong wheel? one wheel is to turn the headlights left-right and the other one is up-down. check the article again or maybe the wheel is busted?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i turned the correct wheel. i made sure the wheel was moving.

·
Registered
464 Posts
make sure your car is parked at a level ground. adjusting it in your garage isnt a good idea at least for me it wasnt. there is also a little bubble in a tube that tells you if it's aimed correctly, make sure the bubble is at "0".

·
Registered
66 Posts
so is there any way to aim the brights or are they stuck like that? i went with the yellow jdm bulbs on the outside and keeping my brights on. ridiculous, i know. but they are too high and i'm not seeing an easy way to get to it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
you would definently be able to tell if it was being aimed differently. I did it two days ago, and i learned that it might be easier to do it from like 2 feet from the wall. This way, you can see the exact circle of light moving, instead of just a huge range. You'd wanna check the range afterwards though to be sure its not too high. If i had to guess, you're eithier 1. Turning the wrong wheel
or 2. Turning the wrong wheel

·
Registered
745 Posts
JayDeeEm on Apr/23/04 said:
make sure your car is parked at a level ground. adjusting it in your garage isnt a good idea at least for me it wasnt. there is also a little bubble in a tube that tells you if it's aimed correctly, make sure the bubble is at "0".
so that bubble thing has to be at 0 ? i thought that was for the headlight it self not for the way it projected.

·
Registered
383 Posts
on my stock ones I have to adjust the screw many turns before I noticed any change in height.

I understand that you probably want to adjust them yourself, and you can. But some shops have a nice tool that assists in aiming the head lights very well, high and low beams. The hard part is finding a shop that will actually use the tool. In my shop all the old timers hated the tool and it collected dust.

Not to cause thread theft, but is the bubble a reliable way to adjust headlamp height? I don't recall ever reading any manual that recommends using the bubble level to adjust height. It seems kinda half ass, and inaccurate. There is an adjustment for the bubble itself, so it could off.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Did you get the OEM headlight, or OEM "style" headlights, the ones you can find on ebay, I know alot of people are having a hard time adjusting them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
im trying to adjust minds..too...so which screw is for up and down..and which screw is for left and right....and i looked at it...and i notice that something is blocking one of the screw...so its like u would have to take the headlight off to adjust the other one...

·
Registered
848 Posts
jjkz24 on Jan/17/07 said:
Quote: xdc2b18c1x on Jan/17/07there is no way to adjust the brights..

what do you mean there is no way to adjust the "brights"? if you're talking aiming the headlights. yes there is. you can adjust them up/down, left/right.
WOW. thats all i gotta say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts