Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i noticed a nice tickin sound comin from my head today. so i checked the oil and it was a little low so i added some to where i needed to be. then the tickin was still there. im thinkin maybe valve adjustment? theres about 57K on the motor. my one friend said thats just the "honda tap" they all have them....is he serious?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
it can be ur injectors they make a clicking/tapping sound or it could be your distribtuor. id say take a automotive stehoscope to the head and listen..

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm im gonna have to make do with a screwdriver for now on that stethoscope. its just weird becuase it kinda came from nowhere, i was just thinkin of gettin my valves adjusted becuase of the milage on the motor then all of the sudden the tickin came

·
Registered
124 Posts
same thing here the bearsing on the distributor are on there way (does it stop once the motor has warmed up?) The sad part about it is the fact that you cant just replace the bearings

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
danteisme on Feb/09/04 said:
hmm im gonna have to make do with a screwdriver for now on that stethoscope. its just weird becuase it kinda came from nowhere, i was just thinkin of gettin my valves adjusted becuase of the milage on the motor then all of the sudden the tickin came
57,000. and ive never heard of the "honda tap"..but w.e i had 250 sum thousand and mine were fine lol..but whatever id do it just in case and i would know that my valves were fine and yes the screwdriver does work fine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Dante, I have somewhat of the same problem, I think I'm gonna try the valve lache ajustment article and see if that helps but It might have to do with some of the bitter cold that we've been seeing here in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
95SEMAN3 on Feb/09/04 said:
same thing here the bearsing on the distributor are on there way (does it stop once the motor has warmed up?) The sad part about it is the fact that you cant just replace the bearings
very tru..time for a whole new distributor..costly but id do it..cause mine makes some ticking noise too but its not that bad..i will get a brand new oem honda dist. when i get my new head put on

·
Registered
57 Posts
all it is, is the rocker arms need to serviced you can do it your self with a feeler gauge all hondas have really noises vavle train systems when they get up that high in mileage and you just need to put the rocker arms back to stock gap between the cam lobe and arm

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
240ALLMOTOR on Feb/09/04 said:
all it is, is the rocker arms need to serviced you can do it your self with a feeler gauge all hondas have really noises vavle train systems when they get up that high in mileage and you just need to put the rocker arms back to stock gap between the cam lobe and arm
yea that too..i need to do that a matter a fact cause i cant stand the very meticulous noises from the valvetrain.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
240ALLMOTOR on Feb/09/04 said:
wait, isnt that the valve lash adj?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
yea.

·
Registered
640 Posts
my old gsr motor did it and so does my new one . I think its supposed to tick a little bit . I adjusted the valve lash and didnt cure it , so i just gave up .

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
whtg3gsrteg on Feb/09/04 said:
my old gsr motor did it and so does my new one . I think its supposed to tick a little bit . I adjusted the valve lash and didnt cure it , so i just gave up .
was it a consistent ticking noise?

·
Registered
640 Posts
yeah it isnt random ..does it from the time the motors are started until they are shut down ..At least my last two motors .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts