Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Sunday August 18th was my brothers bday. (Its was also ruff_necks bday to for those who wanna wish him a belated bday too) Anyways, at approx. 1:30am someone tried to steal my brothers 1998 Honda Civic Si. Not a nice bday gift for him huh. My brothers room is right in front of the driveway and these @$$hole$ had the nerve to try to steal his car when his light was fully lit and his window wide open. Me and my brother both have pager alarms except my brother put his car alarm sound into silent mode because neighbors get annoyed when cars drive by and his alarm sounds so i guess the car theives didnt know that the alarm would page him. They stuck their hand into the vent where the hood is and popped the engine hood. Its easy to do that in the newer HoNDAS. I guess they were planning on cutting off the alarm system alert. They did a bad job of doing that and my brothers pager started beeping. The theives could hear the beeping from outside my brothers window. It was so dark my brother looked out the window and couldnt see anyone because my bro was parked behind my dads big van but good thing my bro waited an extra minute IN ORDER TO SEE a guy in wearing all black head pop out of the corner. My brother flipped out and screamed out to them and ran out with a baseball bat. NO LUCK CATCHING THEM.

------- NOW TO THE POINT OF MY STORY------

IM so scared someone will try to steal my teg. Does anyone have any suggestions on helping to prevent this i have a pager alarm but sometimes it doesnt page me if im too far away from the car range. My alarm only goes off if someone opens the door. My sensitivity is broken. ARGH!!!... I heard that integras are easy to steal because people can just pry open your window with a screw driver. Can we put sensitivitys on the window?? DOES ANYoNE KNOW HOW PEOPLE STEAL INTEGRAS AND HOW TO AVOID THIS..... Lets use my post as a good reminder to keep a good eye on ur car and never neglect to check up on ur car when in doubt. Anyone have any horror stories of their tegs almost getting snatched and how they prevented it? Or if anyone on T-I IS A CAR THIEF please tell us how u did it and where u live so we can kick ur @$$ (J/K!!!)..

·
Registered
31 Posts
FlyinHighImport on Aug/20/02 said:
get electric shockers for your door handels that will show them not to touch it
i'm with him. maybe you should get a new alarm system in your car with the sliteist touch will make it go off. and if the neighbors complain you just tell them its for your cars safety. Tell them it's a free country. LOL anywayz just try to have your car block or something so that they wont be able to move it. I dont know what to tell you other than good luck I guess

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did your car alarm come with stickers? Even a sticker thats says "Car protected by BLAH w/e" would make someone have second thoughts of stealing it, like advertising that your car has an alarm.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
DoDgE_ThiS_ on Aug/20/02 said:
Did your car alarm come with stickers? Even a sticker thats says "Car protected by BLAH w/e" would make someone have second thoughts of stealing it, like advertising that your car has an alarm.
I think that this would do the exact opposite of what you hope for. Instead it will tell the potential theives that your car has an alarm and they can plan how to disable it. I got some of these stickers with my alarm and they aren't going anywhere near my car window.

I put some on my old car, though (89 Camaro) even though it didn't have an alarm...oh well, I made them think about it, hehe.

·
Registered
395 Posts
There really isnt a way to keep thieves from getting into the cabin of your car. You could however relocate the hood pop cable and also block off the cable from the front of the car. Usually thieves would get into the car by first popping the cable from the outside and pulling the battery. Then they get through by pulling the window out and unlocking the door, or they just break the window silently by wedging the flathead against the window until it shatters. Then it is a matter of time that they bypass the starter kill on most alarms and take off with the car. I have a couple of kill switches that keep any power from going to the starter. I have also disconnected my trunk pop and relocated and blocked off my hood pop wire. I hope that this helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This topic has been discussed way to many times. The bottom line is there is no way to absolutly prevent your car from being stolen. Actually the very things we do to our cars make them more of a target, i.e body kits, rims, neons, guages ect. Just my 2 cents guys.

·
Registered
858 Posts
JoseGM913 on Aug/20/02 said:
maybe you should get a new alarm system in your car with the sliteist touch will make it go off. and if the neighbors complain you just tell them its for your cars safety.
I don't think this would be a good idea. I always worry that my alarm will false when I parked at home, b/c it would just become a nusance, and people (neighbors) would just learn to ignore the siren (see: the boy who cried wolf).

Anyway...I would suggest full door pins, hood, pin, trunk pin, dual stage shock sensor, and interior/exterior proximety sensor. And also, as a MUST, a battery backup siren.

Later

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Thats not a bad ideal to put it in silent mode I wish I had that option on my Hornet DEI alarm. I think those pager come in handy but Im switching up my alarm to a lowjack in about a few years.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
phi67 on Aug/20/02 said:
There really isnt a way to keep thieves from getting into the cabin of your car. You could however relocate the hood pop cable and also block off the cable from the front of the car. Usually thieves would get into the car by first popping the cable from the outside and pulling the battery. Then they get through by pulling the window out and unlocking the door, or they just break the window silently by wedging the flathead against the window until it shatters. Then it is a matter of time that they bypass the starter kill on most alarms and take off with the car. I have a couple of kill switches that keep any power from going to the starter. I have also disconnected my trunk pop and relocated and blocked off my hood pop wire. I hope that this helps.
sounds like you have some experiance... i'm staying away from your neighborhood. anyways... more than likely nobody is actually going to take your car... they are more likely to bust in and take cd's, stereo equipment, radar detectors, vandalize sh*t, etc... the only thing you can do is buy a really large scary dog and have him live in your backseat and train him to attack everyone except for you.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
zooternomeus on Aug/20/02 said:
The bottom line is there is no way to absolutly prevent your car from being stolen.

Just my 2 cents guys.
i hate when people say that. its plainly obvious and of course anything to help is better than nothing. just my .02

·
Registered
184 Posts
There will always be dumbasses who will try to steal a car. They seem to get smarter & smarter each time which really sux. My friend's teg got stolen about 4 months ago at a movie theatre. He left his cell phone in it & they had the gall to answer it when he dialed the number. They told him straight up that he would never see it again :( That sh*t is completely & utterly wrong in my book. We need technology to go into overdrive so we can just hit a button & have our teggies fold into a briefcase like the Jetson's

P.S.
My friend now has a Civic Hatch with a JDM H22A in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts