Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
edit: Job completed!

I'm having a set of rear T-6 Billet Aluminum LCAs installed since I had the pleasure of both lower shock mount bolts snapping off, grinded the old shocks out, then torched both seized bolts/bushings out of the old LCAs. Another nightmare indeed.

My question is for all who have the aftermarket LCAs. I've noticed some of the mounting is different from stock, such as bolts and location of swaybar end link.

Does anyone have any info on this install? Thank you!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Your not the only one with the billet aluminum LCA. I've seen them on plenty of tegs. I'm sorry I'm not able to help you out with the install.

I'm trying to remove my buddy's LCA's but it felt like the bolts were going to snap (the 14mm bolt that connects the lower control arm to the frame). Has anyone ever snapped the bolt heads?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it out, I was just a bit confused about the swaybar end links. You see, the stock LCA is threaded, and the new ones are not, but I purchased a washer and nut to fit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Calsonic on Feb/21/04 said:
Your not the only one with the billet aluminum LCA. I've seen them on plenty of tegs. I'm sorry I'm not able to help you out with the install.

I'm trying to remove my buddy's LCA's but it felt like the bolts were going to snap (the 14mm bolt that connects the lower control arm to the frame). Has anyone ever snapped the bolt heads?
Dear God, if I had a nickel for every person who broke that bolt, I'd be filthy rich.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/22/04 said:
Quote: Calsonic on Feb/21/04Your not the only one with the billet aluminum LCA. I've seen them on plenty of tegs. I'm sorry I'm not able to help you out with the install.
Dear God, if I had a nickel for every person who broke that bolt, I'd be filthy rich.
Guess who does and is? Honda!

I don't think there are many people on this board running aftermarket LCA's. I would welcome the input of anyone who has had them for any length of time in a daily driving experience.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
can these lca's support the rear sway bar? because ive heard they cant?? and who makes it?

·
Registered
786 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/22/04 said:
Quote: Calsonic on Feb/21/04 I'm trying to remove my buddy's LCA's but it felt like the bolts were going to snap (the 14mm bolt that connects the lower control arm to the frame). Has anyone ever snapped the bolt heads?
I did a search and did not find many topics of people breaking that bolt. It's the LCA bolt that you have to remove to install a rear lower tie bar. In the search results, Most of the bolts people were breaking were located where the strut connects to the LCA. I searched for tie bar install and nobody said anything about breaking the LCA bolt.

·
Registered
648 Posts
JustTegIt on Feb/22/04 said:
an aluminum rear LCA just sounds like it is asking for trouble....stock are what, cast iron?
Lots of cars use aluminum lower control arms. The RSX has aluminum arms in the front, and I think there's even a lot of trucks from Detroit that have them. The only advantage to cast iron is that it's cheap.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Did you have any problems removing the old LCA besides the bolt that connects to the strut. I'm mainly talking about the 2 outer 14mm bolts (one connects to frame, other connects to hub).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yea I did. I know exactly what you are talking about. My other side is not completed as of yet because of the hub bolt is fused inside the bushing casing. I don't have the tools to remove, so it's being taken care of today.

FYI - I had 144,000 miles on the original suspension.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was a nightmare for me and my MA crew. I did not have my car for 2 weeks. Quick recap....

- 2 LCA bolts seized in shock mount bushings.
- 1 LCA bolt seized in wheel bushing.
- Grinded old shocks off, tried to drill through bolts and ended up torching out 2 bushings.
- Had to purchase new LCAs & bushings so why not upgrade for same price as OEM.
- Last bolt had to be cut off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.