Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why would they be restrictive? They would be better then the stock manifold.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Depending on the header, almost every aftermarket company uses pretty much the same specs for all the integra model headers. So let's just say it's a DC, the GSR, LS/RS/GS/SE, and ITR headers will all be the same size as long as it's the same model header(ie 4-1, 4-2-1).

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm probably being too general. It'll probably be less restrictive than a stock exhaust manifold, but more restrictive than having a header designed for a VTEC head.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
look at the stock powerbands. The LS has a different lower powerband due to it's lower rod ratio, head, and Giraffe neck IM runners. The header dimensions for the LS similarly has a bias to where the lower peak torque location lives.

I would not even recommend to my enemies to put an LS header on a 1.8L VTEC motor. The higher powerband location on the VTEC motors would get stiffled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
But if he already has it, it is going to be better than the stock manifold. You won't cause any damage trying it out.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Mar/22/04 said:
I would not even recommend to my enemies to put an LS header on a 1.8L VTEC motor. The higher powerband location on the VTEC motors would get stiffled.
That's assuming that the company making the header actually makes it differently for the VTEC and non-VTEC Integras. Cookie-cutter header and exhaust systems are so common. Imagine my surprise when the Comptech header and exhaust I ordered for my Type R was the same one they were selling for the LS. Took the header back but unfortunately I was stuck with the exhaust (which BTW was the same size as my STOCK exhaust and did absolutely nothing but make noise).

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if people want to run LS headers on a VTEC motor, that's their choice.

I'd be interested in seeing the actual measure diameters in the primaries rather than speculation.

if you look at the better brands which make both in the 00-01 years (since all 3 Integras have the same length in these years) then you can make a better decision.

Nevertheless, these all are 2 in. collector headers and in an LS VTEC it's a fruitless venture to stay at 2 in.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I ran a dc sports ls header on my new ls/vtec setup with b16 head and I did it just because I had no other header to put on there. So if you don't have the money don't feel bad using the ls header until you can afford to buy something that will work with your powerband. I just recently bolted a Kamakazie Supercharged Header for my JRSC LS/VTEC the fitment was incorrect but it just had to be cut down and re-welded, but for $300 it's well worth it chargers love short primaries. Sorry to go into my car I just can't wait till I get it back. Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts