Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently purchased a skunk2 pro series intake manifold for my '92 GS and I'm looking into a Skunk2 pro series throttle body, but the body itself has a 68mm bore, while the manifold has a 64mm bore. Will this fit properly? I assume it will because it's the same brand and same series for the same engine, but everyone I've talked to says that it won't. So, will it fit, if not, is there a way to make it fit? If there's no way it can be done, what throttle body would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
689 Posts
It will fit. But you will have 5/64" ridge around the circumference because the diameter of the port on intake manifold is smaller. If you are boosted, you could take a sandpaper and enlarge the diameter of the port (on intake manifold) to get rid of this ridge. If you are NA, you would be ok without porting it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would sand down the ridge regardless to help with airflow. Also, ensure that you finish with a high grit sand paper to give it almost a polished type finish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like everyone else said, just port match the throttle body to the manifold. It's pretty easy to do and obviously do it before you install it. Here is a guy doing the exact same setup as you doing a port match. [ame]https://youtu.be/1401txD-FCQ?t=619[/ame]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts