Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up forum, looking for some advice on a strange issue I encountered. Not much for wiring but I’m not exactly colorblind so that helps.

I recently bought a 94 gs-r that came with a dated aftermarket alarm spliced to a bunch of wires, at one point the car wouldn’t start after disconnecting the battery.

After removing the aftermarket alarm and heat shrinking everything that looked to be from the alarm the car started fine but now my dome light won’t come on when the driver door is open. Not to say the light doesn’t come on at all, it lights when the passenger door opens and when the switch is set to “ON” just not when drivers door opens. I tried the switch on the door jam by swapping it with an LS I have out back, no luck.

I’m pretty sure it was the aftermarket alarm but I can’t seem to find anything unusual under the dash, I’m also aware the dome light wire is a green one. Has anyone ever had this issue or can maybe point me in the right direction?

·
Administrator
4,118 Posts
This will be one of those circumstances where you need to remove the interior sill panel by your driver's seat, and follow the wiring from the door switch along the wire harness that leads to underneath your dash. I'm sure this wire was cut during the alarm install with the intention of illuminating the dome light when the alarm is disarmed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts