Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been living in TN and im looking to come back home to VA but, now that i have the teg i am scared to even park it for a sec in the potomac mills parking lot... let alone at and apartment complex... so, are all these teg thefts really hapening (hearing about it through the grapevine) or are my friends exaggerating?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
honestly.. an integra is an integra. most of the time if attention isnt being drawn to it then it wont get noticed and stolen. but you can always bet that an integra will get stolen even in a population 30 town. its just how it is.

honestly who wants to steal my 2001 ls automatic? somebody does. its just a matter of time. do all you can to 'prevent' the misfortune before it happens.

fuel cut off.
hood cable reloc
any and all security measures
a boot if you want to.

its all about layers and making it take longer to steal the car

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, im doing fuel cutoff, and hood cable relo today, and then im doing power lock shut off in a few days, i will be coming back, now its all a matter of when i can get a motion sensored rocket launcher... anyone know where they sell those?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I believe you can find them on the black market, my source used to be Saddam, but...something happened; he stopped answering his calls.

Ummm...I'll find out for you.

As far as Woodbridge theft, my dads Civic HYBRID got stolen out of the AMC parking lot at Potomac Mills.

I had a boosted S14, but I had to sell that real quick. I was too afraid something would happen to it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i've had mine for 3 years in stafford.... nothing yet, parked it a million times at pmills, downtown richmond with the doors unlocked (drunk), and in dc many times... just the luck of the draw, or mines just that ****ty.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not so lucky... my first experience with tegs was one getting stolen, a friends white type-r that he drove downtown to nations (r.i.p) was stolen from a gated garage over by the hospital... so yeah, not exactly good luck, im thinking about getting a boot, and taking my ecu with me everywhere, i think ill build a case for the ecu to carry it around in... hmmm, anymore tips from hoodbridge before i bring my precious girl (olivia) back, i swear being gone from her as long as boot camp is is gonna be a killer

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'd say put more kill switches in your car that are in really akward places. Taking your ECU around is a good idea, but they say real thieves start carrying them lol...that and steering wheels.

If you get a quick release steering wheel, that'll probably help also.

Lojack for the win, though.

There's always rocket launchers. :]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm, ill be doing the killswitch work soon, i hope i can think of clever spots but meh, not too clever. i hope i can get the electronic lock shut off working as well,
has anyone heard of using race car style plexi, so the window cant be shattered? a friend here (tn, aka satans ass) did his windows and windshield, and its pretty thick and lighter than glass... anyone know if that would be a good idea?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I just had a thought... I has a pair of foglights from walmart that were remote controlled by a .. wel.. remote like an alarm.

point is.. basically you caould take that 'switchless' switch and wire that up in your fuel cut off. and you would turn your fuel pump off and on with a remote like a TV set.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that would be cool... but could pose potentional problem, with it being a phsyical swithc you have to be in the car, and actually know where it is, with the remote? random coding, and if the thief wants it bad, and knows what hes doing, he'll know the code in just a little under a minute if its a4pin and maybe 5 minutes for a 6pin... i wouldnt take the chance
and thats if he's using a laptop with a IR coding generator... thats how they got into my old garage in woodbridge.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Last September my brother and I had our tegs stolen from our driveway. He had a perfect DA that was going to be at HIN that April and I had a 95 LS with some work. There is a thread in the VA posts about it somewhere from last year.

Any older Honda is a target itself. It is sad how easy they are to steal. The police from my area showed me how they did it and there was nothing to it. We are all taking risks in modifying our Integras and you can only do so much to prevent your baby from being taken from you. My brother and I live by this motto, "If they (thieves) want it bad enough, they'll get it." It is sad that every night I have to come home and park my car at the top of the driveway and then block it in with one of my parent's cars. Even then, I live in a sense of paranoia because I know I could still wake up the next morning and not have my car.

That is all I can do and I even put up motion sensor lights around my house and even have four cameras that are constantly recording just in case this happens again so I can have a face to who is doing this to our community. Theft is going to happen, no matter where you live and its not going to stop until the end of the world. All I can do from there is pray to God every night asking him to not let this happen to me again.

Keep your tegs safe because it could happen to you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im just so afraid, because besides the navy, shes all i got, i get to come home to her, and know that after i get home from boot camp i get to make her the fastest thing with four cylinders (exagerating) ive just been considering coming back to live with some friends, and possibly ship out of there, unfortunately they have no garage...

i cant leave my baby out at night, each night HERE ,in BFE, i still check... hmmm, its going to take consideration

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My SSBP was jacked from my apartment in Woodbridge and I didn't even live in the ghetto like Dan, lol.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i lived in cardinal station, a freakin awesome neighborhood, yet two eclipses and a trans am were takin. im out in TN for money issues and a safe place to stash the teg during boot camp
lets hope when i get back i can find a good place with a garage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.