Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got just a couple of questions about this stuff... i tried a search but didnt really find the answers that i was looking for... basically i was wandering it the afc controller works really well with a mildly modified car(i/h/e) getting the cat in a few weeks... also i have a dc 4-1 header but it got scraped up badly one day so i need to replace it and i was looking at the greddy 4-2-1 header... is it any better or worse then the dc sprort version? i can find the greddy one for like 100 bucks cheaper then the dc one so if there isnt a big difference im porbably going to be picking that up... any help or info is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
gonna get the same performance out of the greddy that you are out of the dc. they both are the same size and they both are not stepped.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a local shop selling the greddy for a little less then 300 and the dc for about 385(stainless steel that is) is it better to go with a stainless steel like the greddy or should i get a ceramic one from dc?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
get stainless if you are going to get anything. there really isnt that big of a difference if any in underhood temperatures. but stainless will prevent the chipping of the ceramic which it will then look like crap, and it will prevent the header from cracking and other releted things. just go stainless.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i have a dc 4-1 ceramic one right now and its starting to crack which is why im getting a new one... anyhow a buddy of mine recomended i get a super afc controller as well... i was just wandering if this is something that is really useful and can help me get a little more power with what i have now(i/h/e and an aem adj fuel pressure regulator) thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
wow... this is an old thread... are the greddy ss header collectors 2" also like the usdm DC headers?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
silvertegGS..you just have to think it through man. if it's made for the stock header, what did you think the diameter was going to be? > 2 in.? if so, then going from a big diameter collector into a smaller diameter cat would do what to the exhaust flow speed? what happens when exhaust gas reverts backwards into the cylinder or can't leave the cylinder efficiently? You would have figured it out eventually even if 96dc2 hadn't answered...it's common sense knowledge.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
common sense and common knowledge are two different things. is it not a fact that some headers come in 2" and some in 2.5"... and even one instance i just heard of that comes in 2.25"?

what are you trying to say here: "if it's made for the stock header"? how is it made for the stock header when its the header that you are replacing??

if by using my "common sense knowledge" i purchase an rs-r header thinking its 2"... what then?? how am i supposed to know off the top of my head how big the collector is on any given header if the information was never sent to my brain before 96dc2 was so kind as to simply answer my question without some nonsense remarks? if i didn't know an rs-r header collector was 2.25"... neither common sense nor common knowledge would have told me. so what i guess i'm trying to say is... how was i supposed to know!?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
hearing about something and guessing is one thing...actually physically measuring it and verifying it is another. this is why the internet has become a vast wasteland of disinfo rather than the info source it was intended to be. BTW we are talking outer diameter as the convention for stating sizes.

I'm not criticising you BTW. It happens a lot. We try to avoid rumours and guesses as much as possible here but you can't verify everything. This is why we rely on actual experience rather than rumours or the hyped import magazines. That's what will make this board better than the others. We all should have a low tolerance for info that is pulled out of people's asses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts