Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the big question....I've read many different posts saying that the ebay short rams are just the same with a good filter...but now I have a pricing question.

I can get an AEM 2 month old short ram for $60, or I could look on ebay...but would I actually save much money after I buy a decent filter for the intake?

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
make sure it has a bracket or somethign like it to secure it to something because it'll bounce up and down under your hood until it makes holes in your ac lines... mine did that so i custom fabed a bracket. usually the ebay ones wont have it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea sounds like a good deal, my old DA I had bought a used AEM SRI for $50 and it was used a lot more than 2 months, I think the AEM's have the best fitment and had a great sound from it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
*** Removed by user at Sep 25 2007 11:48PM (Server Time) ***

To be straight, your engine deserves a quality intake. go with something decent. As long as it isnt a 20$ INTAKE, ha. either choice you make, i'd suggest wrapping it though, to keep the pipe from getting too heated. idk, it'd be good to spend the extra money for an Injen or something.

That's just my opinion. I got an ebay CAI, no name, and it works just sexily.

GOOD LUCK!!
:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got a 2.5" cold air for $60 from ebay. it had a bracket and a surgical cotton type filter. It also had a rubber vibration dampening stud to attach to the engine compartment. I have had it for 5 months with no problems. I have heard that some cheap brands on ebay have problems with the filter coming apart where it is glued. In my opinion it's just a mandrel bent pipe. The quality issue is in the filter. I'd make sure there is no residual metal shavings inside the pipe when I install it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.