Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I searched through the forums for for this problem with a AEM CAI, but either no one else has it or it's too minor for people to bother with.

Anyway, I installed a AEM CAI on my 99 GSR but the filter hangs so low that it blocks the engine shield. on my passenger's side, the shield is currently being held up by a zip tie, and hangs lower than the driver's side.

Did I install something wrong? Is there a difference between a 99 GSR AEM CAI and one for a 2000? I bought one off a 2000 GSR used and noticed that the breather hose didn't line up correctly either.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
i just bought and installed one on my 96 gsr on monday. my hangs kinda low, too causing a slight bulge on that engine shield you're talking about. if it bothers you then just try to move around the piping so it clears it. by the way did u bolt the tab on the pipe to the fenderwell? hope this helps. as for the breather..yeah it's not in the stock location. if you didn't get one from whoever you bought it from then just go to an auto parts store and buy one. i bought mine new and aem supplied a .5" hose for the breather. it seemed a bit too big though, but i used it anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts