Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a decision i need to make soon, on what to do with my rim situation. in december i was on a highway going about 50-60 and hit a huge pothole that the filling had just come out of, it was the width of the road, it was unavoidable. i cracked one of my rims and destroyed the tire. at least 50 other people had similar i9ncidents, and i actually filed a damage report with the state highway dept with the police report and estimates attached for the cost of a new rim/tire. i am not expecting to actually get anything from them, although a friend who hit the same pothole that day was reimbursed 500 which was the insurance deductible she had to pay since she had to replace TWO OEM Volvo alloys and tires...so maybe ill get something, but as of now, i am not expecting to.

so here is my dilemma, i cant deccide what to do in terms of getting the situation fixed. my options are:

1. Get one new 17" Motegi MR7 and one new 215/40/17 tire, and be done with it.

2. Get a new set of 17's, (i have a few in mind on eBay)

3. Get a set of used 18's off of eBay with tires mounted already, with good tread left on em, good to go.

i am getting a little tired of my Motegi MR7's, everyone and their little sister has them, i want more of a unique look. getting 1 new MR7 is gonna be like $300 after shipping and mounting and all, so the way i see it, why not do option 2 or 3, (leaning heavily towards 3, i want 18's, please dont lecture me that 18's are too big) since i could get a set of used wheels/tires on eBay for 500-700.

in order to do that tho, i would really wnat to sell my MR7's to defray to cost a little. My question is, how do i sell 3 rims? Especially 3 MR7's, wheels that are a dime a dozen. It will be a PITA for a buyer to have to buy a 4th wheel and tire on his own, and it wouldnt be cost effective for me to buy a new one and thne sell the set of 4. ahs anyone had experience selling 3 rims after one got damaged? how sohuld i go about trying to sell these?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
to get rid of the 3 wheels, either pick up one more and put a tire on it, or try selling each one individually. i'm sure you're not the only one that curbed a MR7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.