Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 GS w/ b18a1, 130k mile, I'm getting some crower 404's w/ p30 pistons and will be rasing my redline to around 7400rpm.

My plan is to switch to Type-R retainers, use crower valvesprings, shot-peen my ls rods and use ARP rod bolts.

Is this adequate protection for my LS engine if it sees the not-so-occasional trip to 7400rpm? Or is there more I should look at.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
there has been some good and very recent threads about increasing redline with retainers and internals..you should read about them..very interesting.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've read them all, from the threads it think I should be just fine going to 7400 but I still wan't to ask specifically about my setup.

Alot of the threads were talking about GSR redlines, or more extreme ls builds like 8100+ rpm's,

i'm only revving to 7400 and just want to identify any "substantial" weak spots I should take car of.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Strengthen the block. I don't know too much on the process, but the GSR rod ratio is only a little higher [0.04???] than an LS, but aside from oil squirters in the block, I believe the GSR blocks also have some adequate reinforcement over the B18B blocks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
well i upgraded my pistons,rods,head bolts and got a gsr oil pump for safety to rev to 8,000 rpm once and a while. you should be fine with 7400 once and a while. any higher maybe would require a crank girdle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.