Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I've got a stock '96 GS-R Sedan with 165k miles, have owned since 1999, but have mostly not worked on it myself. The car overheated, so a reputable shop replaced the cracked radiator. Unfortunately it still overheats, and one of those coolant analysis kits suggests hydrocarbons in the coolant, so it is likely a head gasket (or possibly worse). I plan to tackle this myself, but am a bit lost on where to get good quality parts. Any favorites for stock stuff? I'm an experienced mechanic, but mostly on much older cars. Thanks for any suggestions.

· Registered
51 Posts
Obviously, Honda OEM parts will be of highest quality. I have ordered parts from both dealers and through Japanese imports (useful for those hard to get/rare items). It really depends as far as brands simply based on what parts you're looking at. But I try to stick with Beck/Arnley, Fel-Pro, Koyo, Victor-Reinz, Mahle at least for sealing/gaskets. If you need timing belt, I recommend the Continental kit as it comes with NPW water pump, Koyo tensioner, and Koyo cam seals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts