Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN'T SEARCH...
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e21'
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
/forum/search.asp, line 312

Anyway, i want to know, do we need 91 octane gas in order to advance the timing? If yes, is there a setting that i can still advance it a little, but keep using the normal 82 octane gas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
82 octane?! good God...that's so low. Is that a Canada thing? Here in PA...the lowest I've seen is 87...

But I use 87 octane in my G3 LS advance to 18 degrees with no problems (no pinging/detonation)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
whoa 82 octane?! The lowest i've ever seen is 87 around here. I advanced my timing to 18 degrees BTDC and i tried using 92 just for sh*ts, but got horrible gas mileage, so i switched to 89, and it runs really well, and i haven't gotten any knocking or pinging

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, we have like 3 grade, 91, then 87, then i assume the next one is 85 or 82 maybe? i just pump the lowest, the bronze one.

DaBoyNBlu on Feb/18/04 said:
that's why we have an article on it.

if you stay within stock timing specs, stock gas is still usable.
I've read, i wouldn't post and ask here if i didn't and found my answer. It doesn't mentioned ANYTHING about using better gas. Also read the one made by MD too.

·
Registered
948 Posts
That must be a typo. I'm in ontario and we have 87 to 94 available at local pumps. No one sells less than 87 Octane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.