Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, all I read about is how easy this is to do.. I did the ecu jumper thing, got the timing light hooked up, got the car warm, went to loosen the distributor bolts, and the one on top, that a socket wont fit on.. I cannot get it loose. I kept rounding some of the edges off, and I quit doing it, because I was afraid of completely ruining the bolt and being unable to do it later. So, any suggestions on how I can get this bolt to loosen? Thanks..

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Thats a hard one. Get a 12mm wrench and use that.

I ran into the problem where I completely rounded off the bolt. I ended up loosening it with a small pipe wrench.

·
Registered
240 Posts
if the bolt is not coming loose, use the standard bolt loosener sprays that are out there...

also, make sure you're not using a standard size... it must be a 12mm socket to fit properly

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Always use a box end wrench whenever possible. Open end wrenches will strip any moderately tightened bolt.

·
Registered
240 Posts
oops, my bad, the top bolt needs a wrench because of the distributor being in the way... hehe... and WHO wrote the article??? call me forgetful...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only kinda 12mm wrench I have, is an adjustable one, I have everytihng else, except a damned 12mm wrench.. maybe I should buy one?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, I bought an entire set.. oh well, $24 well spent, now I can adjust any bolt form 7mm, to 17mm
I already have a nice socket set, and nice set of sae wrenches.. so now I jsut added my metric wrenches in..

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woohoo, funny how much easier those wrenches and some wd-40 made it.. Took me all of like, 5 minutes, and call me crazy, but my car feels to be a tad quicker, and running alot better. As well as having a little better throttle response.. It could jsut all be in my head, but its still 5 minutes im glad I spent with my baby

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im still confused on how this works. Turning the distributor? Doenst it bolt into place in a specific position?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
b1ackhawk on Oct/16/07 said:
Im still confused on how this works. Turning the distributor? Doenst it bolt into place in a specific position?
The distributor is what times when the spark happens. Turning it will allow the spark to occur earlier/later. If you still don't understand, I'm going to have to recommend some readings on ignition systems. Maybe start with google or www.howstuffworks.com

·
Registered
517 Posts
the bolt holes in the mounting plate of the distributor are slotted for adjustment.Arent there gains to be made by retarding the intake and advancing the exhaust separately,which is where adjustable cam pulleys come in to play

1 - 15 of 15 Posts