Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MD, I just finished reading your article on advanced ignition timing and have been thinking of performing this for some time now. I know that too much advancement will lead to premature engine wear, but if I advanced the timing to the 10-15 degree range which you specified as basically a good starting point, will this also lead to premature engine wear over a long enough period of running with this advancement in timing? I ask because it seems that with the extra force pushing down on the piston as it is trying to ascend, it would seem natural that this would place an extra burden on the engine,,,,,or is it that the stock internals of the B18C series engines are able to withstand this added force?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
your engine is already running at 16 BTDC. 18 BTDC is the optimal advancement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so a 2 degree advancement is most common.Thanks.

Also, i just read the article on performing this and it doesn't seem to complicted. I perform just about all the modifications done on my car but haven't done too much yet with ignition systems, would you say that this is a fairly straight forward proceedure?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
oh man, advancing the timing is so easy, my mom could probably do it. hehe.

but yea, i used the same article and it was cake, you'll enjoy it!

·
Registered
550 Posts
if you are too woried about engine wear keep your car stock. Engine wear and reduced reliability is very likely with preformance mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts