Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was told by a friend that you can adjust your stock shocks somehow ... I think he explained that you can loosen the bolt at the top of your strut, push the car down, then tighten it (thus increasing the length of the bolt sticking up out of the bolt hole, and compressing the shock/spring some) ... is it safe? He did it to his accord ... I'm not sure if its safe though ... has anyone tried it? Does anyone think it'll be okay just to lower my ITR shock/spring setup another 1/2 inch in the front by doing this? Let me know ... also no flaming, just give me your input ... I will only consider doing this mod if there's no serious damage being done (if the only damage is my shock won't last as long, I'll simply replace it with aftermarket shocks when that time comes). Thanks!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
well... there's not much adjusting that can be done unless you tap your shock rod further down. Given that screwing the top shock bolt will keep your shock travel slightly better when lowered... but we're talking like... milimeters... if anything, which won't do anything for you. Just get real suspension... don't waste your time with fake mods like this.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
the thread only goes down so far.

even so, it would be poinltess. you would only be wearing out the shock faster because it would always be slightly compressed and it would lower the car at most MAYBE .25".

if you want a lower ride i would honestly look into aftermarket springs. or you can be cool and cut the ones you have now
(ok not really)

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
98integraLs on Feb/09/04 said:
the thread only goes down so far.
Thats why its not possible. And its already pretty tighten up already so you can't possibly turn it anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.