Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got a set of GC's and i wanted to drop it a bit lower in the front. When i got it back from the shop it looks as if the back is lower so i just wanted to level it off.

It looks pretty easy according to the pictures i've seen in in magazines, but is there any trick i should know about before starting?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
u can lower it w/o jacking it up. but if u need to then jack it up. raising it is a little harder, so you'd definitely need to jack it up for that. no there aren't any tricks i know of.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
just jack up the car and turn the spring perch in a clockwise manner to lower the car.....counterclockwise to raise the ride height. Takes approximately 5 minutes per wheel.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
make sure you tighten the allen bolt!... and be careful not to strip it... and keep track of how many turns you give it... and measure it if possible.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also, if you can *barely* scoot the jack under the car BEFORE you lower it more, remember to put a piece of wood or something under your tire so you can get your jack back out.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
BonzoAPD on Feb/27/03 said:
do you need to take the tires off to adjust them?

Anyone have pics of their ground controls on their car?
You don't need to take the tires off, just raise the car w/ the jack supplied to you by Acura. Then you take the allen wrench that they supply you and loosen the spring perch and then turn the perch either up or down to adjust the ride height. Its super easy, even my sister could do it.

Why do you need pictures? I have some on my PC, but can't post them till tonight.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
for the front, you access them between the fender and the tire. for the rear i have to get down on my back, and access the from behind. i hate doing the rears. because there is little room to move it. also the allen wrench they provide is a little short. i cannot get enough leverage with it. oh and make sure when you're done adjusting that the allen bolt is in a position you can get to when you need to adjust again.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
BlueTeg on Feb/27/03 said:
Quote: BonzoAPD on Feb/27/03do you need to take the tires off to adjust them?
Anyone have pics of their ground controls on their car?
You don't need to take the tires off, just raise the car w/ the jack supplied to you by Acura. Then you take the allen wrench that they supply you and loosen the spring perch and then turn the perch either up or down to adjust the ride height. Its super easy, even my sister could do it.

Why do you need pictures? I have some on my PC, but can't post them till tonight.
pics would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
BonzoAPD on Mar/03/03 said:
pics would be great. Thanks.
i don't have a good pic of the front. this is the driverside rear assembly. not the notch where the allen key is on the right side of the golden spring perch? also note of the cut bumpstops and freshly installed camber kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.