Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the passenger door on my teg has been slammed one too many times and the stop has worked its way out a little I guess. My only question is this, all I have to do to adjust the stop is to loosen the two skrews and slide it a little towards the car right?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
2001 WRX...*slobbers*

I'm not familiar with what the door stop is...perhaps I just didn't know it was called a "door stop." If it's what I think it is, it's a piece of plastic that runs over top of the metal that outlines your door right? Then, yeah, I would guess all you do is take the screws out and push it back.

And tell those peeps to stop slamming your door. I can't stand it when people slam my door, it makes me mad...let me know if I have the correct piece...

2001 WRX...*drools some more*

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think he is talking about the door ajar sensor, I don't know how to adjust that

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
maybe he means the bottle opener.. i mean the U-shaped door latch?

either way, the latch or the switch are slightly adjustable to handle this

(by the way, almost any import's door latch makes one hell of a bottle opener.. write that down
)

and as another sidenote,i just HATE when people slam the door... we dont drive Mack trucks... i am convinced all those little "folds" on the body line i see on a lot of tegs is the result of people slamming the door too hard

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I meant the bottle opener ;-p. Thats adjustable right? It was on a few other cars I've messed with.

P.S. Thnx for the tip, next time i'm workin in the garage hammering a cap of on the edge of a vice I'll remember that ;-p.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw, I adjusted it, was actually really easy, even coming on here was overkill. Turns out that if you look there are arrows on the top and sides of the striker plates with little dimples in the metal which show the right position. Passenger side was to the left of the dimple, so I loosend it up a little with a skrewdriver, moved it a tiny bit to the right of the dimple, tightend it, and no more probs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts