Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my springs and struts installed, car looks nice. one problem the guys who installed it told me that my right front struts dial is broken. He said its on two on all corners but i changed them to four because thats where i want them now i have no clue if that corner is on four because the dials broken. My question is, is there a fool proof way to know what setting the strut its on?? I tried searching about couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance

CJC

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Was it broken when you bought them? Or did it break during install? New or used? Things like this need to be thought of. If it was a new strut, and they broke it during install (which most places never admit to), they owe you a new one.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Put the other three on "one" then try to rock the car back and forth. Make a note of how the "broken corner responds, change it to another setting and rock it again. Eventually you should be able to find either the hardest setting (four) or the softest setting(one) on the broken corner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said it was broken before they installed. They are new. After i switched them to what i think was four i thought they all rode the same. But ill try what your sayind Fast Asleep. Thanks alot. I know if they broke it during the install they owe me a new one but i cant really prove it i never looked really hard at them before i sent the car over there

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Then if they were new when you bought them, and you have a receipt to prove they were new, the shop owes you a new one. Doesn't matter what they say. Like I said before, most shops won't own up to breaking something like that. They'll say it was like that when they installed it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well thats graet to bad i dont have a receipt....so is there any other way to figure out a way to know what setting its on. thats what i really need i lost the receipt so getting a new one doesnt seem likley

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really i didnt know they did that ...ill deffently give them a call and ask for that... i hope its the right thing...the part that has the numbers is fine. the part that is broken is what the mini screwdriver goes into its like gone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.