Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 teg with a mild drop, about one inch. I have been having big time problems with the car eating tires. i just burned through a set of Kumho ectsa spt in about 15 k miles. The inside ridge on all 4 tires was cupped and the left front was almost to the cords! I was wondering if anybody has used the adjustable ball joints from SPC. The teg has 180,000 miles and i dont want to drop 350.00 bucks on a set of Skunk 2 canber kit. I was running 205/50/ 15. If i go with 195/55/15, will i get less camber wear. I hesitate to use aftermarket suspension pieces after using a well known brand of lower control arms. any suggstions are appreciated.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have SPC and i love them. The only thing about them is that you can't go to low or the top of the joint will hit the shock tower. I say a 1 1/2 or 2 inch max with some good shocks and springs,you should be good to go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were they hard to install on a scale from oil change to removing a rustd lca bolt, lol. i lived through the lca experience and dont need that much hassle in my life again.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I had mine installed at a shop,didn't want to go through the hassle neither..lol
Its just a matter of unbolting the old one and installing the new,then setting the camber.
The shop used a torch to heat the top so it loosened the bolt.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'm at stock at this time,but was at a 2 inch drop last year. I have the same make adjustable control arms in the back.

·
Registered
667 Posts
ive had ingalls adjustable ball joints and now suspension tech difference is ingalls 155 a pair suspension tech 85 a pair and yes i you go to low it will impact the shock towers mine have holes in them from the studs on top the ball joints, but at the same time if you have good springs stiff shocks or good bump stops youll be ok with a low drop i actuall have eibach sportline springs "1.7" inch drop and is more like 2.5 in the back and 2.25 in the front and they ride great along with my kyb gr2s but with the "stock valving in the gr2s it can be kinda hard on the ball joints seeing as how when they impact the shock towers it damages the inside of the ball joints. i know this because my ingalls wore out prematurely because of this and after contacting ingalls about the situation of only haveing about 30k on the ball joints and them being copmpletely shot they offered to cut them apart and see what was the actuall problem, at my expence of shipping them to and from them and the price of a new pair if need be. my shocks are now shimmed with Energy Suspension urethane bumpstops made from swaybar endling bushings from autozone, yes it is kinda remove and install the kit but not if you have the right tools, we held the control arm upside down with the top of the balljoint inside a pipe and smacked the stud with a hand held sledge hammer and then to install the adjustable joint channels that actually press on over the pressed down lips of the old ball joint seats we lined them up and squeezed them on with a bench vice then assembled the joints in the sliders with the stud offset to the inside for "maximum correction" and left them somewhat loose untill we were able to guestamate the amout of offset needed and tightened them down and put everything back together, fyi even with my drop i only had to leave the adjust them a very small amount outwards over the stock position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts