Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my 90 LS doesnt have power windows but it has a power sunroof(go figure
) I was wondering if I could just put the doors from an integra that has power windows on the car. I have a 2 door.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I know about the kits, I just want the car to be as if it came from the factory with power windows. And actually power locks too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I assume if you were to switch out the doors the only thing you would have to do is run a power line to the windows and locks. I dont see any reason for it not to work.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, thats what I was thinking. It shouldnt be that hard, but I just wanted to make sure there were no hidden surprises that I would run into.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
hmmmm it wont bolt on u will have to cut and weld peices together i know this because i work at a body shop so yea hmmm also if u take out the doors you will have to re-adjust them because it wont line up right unless you know what your doing

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So doors from the same car aren't interchangeable? Im not saying you're wrong, but that doesn't make any sense to me. Why wouldn't they fit?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL...sorry if I wasnt clear. I wasnt planning on putting Gen 3 doors on my Gen 2. I wanted to take the doors off a Gen 2 that had power windows/locks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
im pretty sure all the plugs should fit together but its the matter that the shap of the gen 3 will fit on a gen 2, you might have to take it to a body shop to fix it or adjust or re aline

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wont be using anything from a Gen 3.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
lol You guys crack me up. Anyhoo... everything should fit just fine. You just need to find out where you are going to run the wires and plug them to. Get the schematics from your car w/ power windows. Your integra should be the same, except with the power windows setup missing. Make sure you get the wiring you need from the doors you are getting.

I wan't to put gen 3 headlights on my gen 2. you guys think I should???

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ewww, yuck, blah! Uhhhh...I mean, I dont think its a good idea
. Although the Gen 3 JDM headlights look PHAT on our Gen 2's. Oh and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could I run the wiring the same place that its run from the factory? I guess that would just require drilling the holes into the body right?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds good to me guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
You don't even need to switch over the doors. All you need is power window regulators and power locks motor, install it into ur door. Just look at the door with power to see how it is. It's very simple. Then u need the wire harness from that car also. Because your harness doesnt have the place for adding power options so u have to get the harness. Then get door panels and wire the switches. It's really simple.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts