Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible, which it probably is. does anyone know how much it would be and if it is more trouble than its worth?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's a link to a site for power door lock actuators.

Power Door Locks

It's only $5 (for one I think), but still hella cheap. So in your case...you would need 2, thats only $10.

I bought a remote trunk release from that site....same brand too, no complaints from me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I agree, definitely worth the trouble...
I put in an actuator in each door, and bought a
keyless entry system. It's one of the first things
I did to my car. Soooo nice not to use the damn
key anymore. I have some pics and can take more
if you want. (Also added a trunk release too, like
AcuraRacing).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a viper alarm, would that open up my doors like keyless entry?

how much is it for the actuators? and where can i buy them?

·
Registered
442 Posts
most likely yes, but which viper do you have?

as the for the price and sites for the actuators,
see AcuraRacing's post above.

·
Registered
527 Posts
the 451m relay from dei ended up sticking on me alot... so i went with the 5 ol' school 5 wire...
also there was a post a while back that mentioned that the cheaper actuators liked to go out on these people.. think about buying the quality pieces for the life expectancy... good luck to you.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm so lost. i forgot to ask steve about it at the TO meet. i wish there was an article on this.

is it worth it to get someone to do it for me?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
lol, i was wondering about that..

i was so overwhelmed at the meet talking and hanging with everyone, i was sitting there thinking "i had to go over something with somebody", and i couldn't remember for the life of me

well, looks like a decent "how to" if you start at Step 2 ( http://www.miata.net/garage/doorlock_99.html ), this'll give you the general idea

·
Registered
527 Posts
MorningZ on Jul/11/02 said:
really?

i have used that 451 countless, hundreds, of times and never ran across a bad one before
yeah i was a bit upset when mine took a sh*t... im just speaking from personal experience... most dei units are terrific... and id never use anything else... but this one time mine just liked to stick...

·
Registered
442 Posts
yea, I ordered 1 from Bulldogsecurity for $19.00, worked fine.
Then I ordered 2 more from ShoppingMatrix for $9.37 each
(cheap yes, but they'll get you on the shipping), and
they were the same product, and worked fine, too.
Crazy how some places sell them for $50+.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ordered those...and it's on my car....works great. The brand is called Bulldog...and if you do a search on the net....lots of company sell their products. The only difference you will find are the prices.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey Im adding powerdoor locks within the next few weeks. I got them from an auto store here for 25 bucks CND.

I will try to make an artical if you guys want.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah try and make an article cuz i wanna add power door locks to and also where did you buy your kit Matt?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts