1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
its a cool idea..but i jus think adding that to the car will make it look.. ..not clean..like sum ugly black key bad stuck on the pretty paint......

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i think it would look bad on the door itself...
but in the door handle would be pretty cool...like the pic:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keyless entry...even faster.

i'm thinking for more of security...like if you locked
your keys in the car or something of that sort.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Jedifett on Aug/14/02 said:
A keypad would be an awesome addition to a teg with shaved doorhandles.
true... but it's still quicker to wire up a solenoid and have it pop open whenever you push the button on your remote... the only good thing i could see would be if you did lock your keys in, but that would still defeat the purpose of shaved doors...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I dont know about about you guys buy i know my teg wont lock the doors unless you use the key to lock it from the outside. I can lock from the inside but if i close the doors it will only lock the passenger side, not the driver. Isnt that supose to be a saftey isue for if you did leave your keys in the car? so that if you try to lock it you need the key.. if its not in your hand you remember its in the car. Well thats what i think the reason is. Unless its different for the four doors.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
elmn8r, yea, i think we all have that safety feature.
you can still lock your driver door when it's open,
but you have to pull the inside handle and lock it
at the same time (i think it's in the manual).

i'm talking about the keypad entry if you still lock your
keys in the car, which gets a little easier to do
when you have autolock from your alarm.

i guess no one has experience with these keypads?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey you guys theirs another keypad type thing you can get for your car that looks pretty awesome. It's a kill starter. You have to put in a 4 digit combo before you can start the car, even with the keys. The reason for this is, if someone steals your keys they cant drive away unless they know the 4 digit combo. You can find it at asianwolf.com. Its the starter killer. If you do decide to get it. We need to help eachother install it cuz I'm having trouble doing it.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
person11 on Feb/01/04 said:
Hey you guys theirs another keypad type thing you can get for your car that looks pretty awesome. It's a kill starter. You have to put in a 4 digit combo before you can start the car, even with the keys. The reason for this is, if someone steals your keys they cant drive away unless they know the 4 digit combo. You can find it at asianwolf.com. Its the starter killer. If you do decide to get it. We need to help eachother install it cuz I'm having trouble doing it.
yeah, if one has a stick shift, that piece is absolutely useless as the starter is not needed to start the car (push start it)

as for the keypad thing first brought up in this thread, for that kinda of dough, you could get a very decent alarm system for that money....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts