Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

my stupid aftermarket headunit (which i got for free) stoped working properly. The volume won't go down sometimes.

I used this head unit to connect my amp so I could run my 2 10s, how can I hook up the amp to my stock radio. That way I'll have volume comtrol and I'll be able to use my stock CD changer as well.

thanks

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
your local electronics store should have something that will tap into your rear speakers and convert it to the signal through an RCA cable. it's a pretty ghetto way to hook it up, but you asked. you will also have to run a 12V remote wire with a switch (or use the blue antennea power wire) and your main power to the amplifier. check out http://www.carmedia1.com for some new head units. if you have any ?'s, let me know.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will sub still be the same as it was with the aftermarket headunit, in terms of qaulity,

I already have the power and everything hooked up, I just need a source and a remote to the amp so it goes on with the radio, so couldnt I just tap into the blue wire from the head unit and run it to the amp?

and is the switch there for the purpose to turn the amp off? couldnt I just lower the bass level if they were too high, no need in turning it off.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
nospeedlimit143 on Aug/12/02 said:
you will also have to run a 12V remote wire with a switch (or use the blue antennea power wire)
you should use the blue antennea power wire for your remote power source. you can also use the auxilary power source going to your head unit. (the one that goes hot when you turn the key)

sound quality may be questionable at higher volume levels. best way to get good sound quality would be to get an aftermarket cd player. my #1 rule for building a stereo system is the head unit is the heart of the system. you should have gotten that before you spent all your $$$ on subs and amps. either way, you can tap it directly to the speaker (not recommended though). the switch is just a convenience to turn the amp on/off whenever you want.

i am in no way condoning this technique for hooking up your stereo. you could possibly fry your amps input circuts by running it this way, but it will work. the best solution would be to get a cd player with RCA pre-outs on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts