Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a '96 Integra RS and it has a 6-disc Acura CD Changer. I love it. But, I'm selling my car and I want to leave it in there to maybe make the car more appealing to potential buyers. But, when I get my '98 GS-R while I will have a CD player in the dash, I'd still like to have a CD changer in the trunk so I always have (at least) 6 discs on tap for whatever I want to listen to plus whatever CD I bring with me. The question is, can this be done with the stock CD player (I'm almost 100% sure it can--I mean, the web site seems to indicate that it can be done very easily) and, more importantly, do I have to get a factory changer to do it?

If I didn't get a factory changer, what else could I get? How do I know it will work with the existing place for a changer in the Integra (presumably I'd want to use existing wiring and that protective bar and all that)? Is there anywhere good online that I can get one from for a good price?

Or, just so I don't rule out the possibility, how much is an Acura CD changer?

Thanks! I know jack-sh*t about car audio (factory stereos work for me!), so...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Word from the wise. don't buy any stereo equipment from Acura. they will bend you over and hurt you very bad with their prices. especially since the G3 is off the assembly line.

my buddy has a aftermarket changer in his stock tape deck so i would imagine it would work with a cd deck. i would go aftermarket.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My main concern is being able to achieve the same ease of use that I get on my current CD changer: I just punch one of the six buttons and it switches to that disc. Very easy, very quick, very cool. I love it.

Some of the ones I saw on the Internet had remote controls and sh*t like that... that's not what I want at all. I'm a factory-style guy: I want stuff to look/act like it belongs there. I dunno--maybe it's not possible...

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
help! i am in a similar situation and hope someone can help answer this.

i just bought a 96'teggy that came with the stock am/fm/tape stereo, stock indash single-CD player AND a stock alpine 6-CD changer in the trunk. the 6-cd changer works and i can select any CD by pressing the 1-6 buttons once i am in CD mode. however, the indash CD player does not seem to be powered at all (no illumination and does not want to eat my CD).

is it possible to have BOTH indash and changer working at the same time? if so, how do i select the indash player, pressing the CD button on the stereo always selects the changer. OR did the previous owner had to disable the indash player in order to use the changer?

thanks in advance!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts