Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
an also, i've heard that there are leak problems? i would love to add one myself if someone could recommend a good one?

something about having someone cut a hole in my car makes me nervous.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If yer concerned about quality, I would probably pay more and have Acura do it (if they do such a thing).

Sure it's not foolproof, but I would probably trust them more to do it than some other place.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
moonroofs are overrated IMO. i have one. i never use it. i keep it closed during the winter, DUH, and i keep it closed during the summer - when the ac is on. i never fully open it. i keep it cracked open when it's hot out and i have to park under the sun for a long time. that's pretty much the only thing that's good about having a moonroof. i wish i didn't have it because my head is right up against the ceiling and the moonroof takes up an inch or two.

that being said, it's never a good idea to put a hole in your car that's not supposed to have a whole there. i would think that would affect the rigidity of the car. and there is also the too-common leakage. if you really want one, however, follow speechless' advice and go ask an acura dealer. they would probably want an arm, a leg, and your first AND your second borns for it. good luck with that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love my moonroof, I use it all the time in the summer....my AC doesnt work because I'm out of Freon, and since I have a 90 Teg its the old Freon that isnt sold anymore (hurts the ozone or some lame excuse like that
)

·
Registered
551 Posts
well I had a sunroof/moonroof, added to my car,and i have a lifetime garantee that it will never leak or they will fix it for free for the life of the car, i havent had any problems with it ever, but it did cost 900 dollars to have it installed.. but i didnt do it the lady i bought it from had it installed before i bought it. i wouldnt have spent that much money on it , but i do like sunroofs i made sure any car i bought had one dont know why.. just a thing i guess...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
theres nothign wrong with adding the moonroof buddy, it doesnt add that much extra weight, and im sure u want to floss windows down and sunroof up rather than put the ac on..go for it..there are specialized aftermarket sunroof installing places, here in toronto there is one called ASC automotive sunroof company, look that up in google, and it will take u to the site and find a dealer in your area.........no leaks, no problems......and i dont understand this headspace issue...if anything it ADDS head space, not reduces it......sunroofs are flush with the headboard arent they??? hmmmmmmmmm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts