Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Ohhhhhh nooooooooo, I remember this topic. If you want a lot of answers right away, check out the old archive and search for it. There musta been 4 pages of it in that forum. Oh well. Here's my opinion: don't do it. Just to warn you, this may be a sensitive subject to some.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i'd do it...thats what i'm doing slowly to my old school integra....all signs of acura MUST go...our cars are honda's so there nothing wrong..to each their own..

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
I would only do it if I had a jdm front end. But thats just my opnion. I don't think it's "rice" either way tho

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's still a Honda automobile.. do it if you like it. I'm thinking of going total JDM on mine. Just don't do the fake Type R thing.. that's uncool.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't like it, I wouldn't do it, but I don't think its ricey, its your car anyways, if ya like it do it

·
Registered
603 Posts
ok, lets forget honda and acura all together. even forget about integra.

lets put engine badges on our cars.

b18c5 for me because i want to be rice. (because i don't have it)

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
TheGSRGuy on 01/June/2002 said:
Okay I think we oughta stop talking....I just read the big thread on that and ouch!
See what I meant?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I don't like it at all. Acura is the elite of honda, why would you want to take the drop? The acura badges look so much nicer anyhow, but that's just my opinion.

I'd consider it rice if you didn't do anything else to make your car look JDM... But if you have the JDM headlights etc... you're just completing the look!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
in the US there are 2 types of Hondas: the economy (Honda badged - excluding S2K) and the elite (Acura badged). I saw if you bought it an "Acura" keep it Acura. Unless we lived in a country without Acura it'd be nice. Just my dos pesos.

edit: AND Canada...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I've seen tegs that are rebadged and it looked ok. After all, tegs everywhere outside North America are badged as Honda so why not? Your sunroof is labled as a Honda and so is the rest of your glass. Your motor is badged as a Honda too. It doesn't really matter. But if you are going to rebadge your car then do it right. Remove all Honda badging out of your car. That includes your floor mats and your steering wheel. E V E R Y T H I N G If you leave any 'A' badges then it will look cheap. Anything that makes your car look cheap is how I define rice. Clear tails may be ok on some cars but if they look bad on others then it would be ricey to put em on. That's just me though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just got done DE-badging my car, and I personally like it a lot more. Then again, I bought my car with yellow 'A' badges and Altezzas =P I bought some JDM ITR tails, and when I put them on, I had to chuck the yellow emblems. They were horrible!

I think it looks really clean with no badges, personally, and I'm most likely going to keep it that way...

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I think it looks like its missing something with NO badges...

Also, I like the definition of rice above... anything that makes the car look cheap! I also agree that its all or nothing. Change the emblems and you should change the steering wheel too!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It is just a badge after all. If you look on the back of an Acura emblem you will find HoNDA stamped right on it. It's all the same, do what makes you feel better.

If you get "H" badges then at least change the ACURA letters on the left of the hatch to HoNDA. It makes me laugh when I see people rolling around with "H" emblems but they still left the ACURA badge on their car. That just looks half-assed to me.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts