Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to be getting my first car sometime within this next year (hopefully a GSR) but my sister and my brother got in a accident. Apparently it involved a deer and hard braking, but my sister (in my dads SUV since her Ford Probe sucks :D) rear-ended a guy who slammed on his brakes, and my brother (in his Accord) rear ended my sister in the SUV.

So, the SUV and the car my sister hit will get fixed, but my brother might need another car, so hes driving my sisters for the time.

This will push my first car really far back I'm thinking. This sucks, since I can't wait to get it.

I just need a good deal on a GSR or something. This ever happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Buy it yourself?

I have paid for all of my cars on my own, even my first one.

It teaches you alot about the real world.

Give it a thought....

·
Registered
26 Posts
How is it that other people getting in a wreck will cause you to not get a car?

If it's because you're chipping in the cash you've saved up for a car so that your family can have transportation then I commend you heartily.

If it's because daddy has to pay for someone else's mistakes, and won't be able to buy you your toy, my advice is to get a job and start saving.

·
Registered
811 Posts
worst comes to worst and you only have money for an LS so be it, they're still quick too.

just get a job, work hard and save up. you'll be amazed how quickly you can save up for stuff. but when you get the car keep the job cause you'll need to pay for gas and after market goodies. oh and insurance (incase **** happens) and registration.

if you already do have a job then that's good, just save save save

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Hornster on Oct/09/07 said:
worst comes to worst and you only have money for an LS so be it, they're still quick too.

just get a job, work hard and save up. you'll be amazed how quickly you can save up for stuff. but when you get the car keep the job cause you'll need to pay for gas and after market goodies. oh and insurance (incase **** happens) and registration.

if you already do have a job then that's good, just save save save
No stock integra or even bolt on integra is quick by ANY stretch of the imagination.

I also do not understand how them wrecking affects you getting a car. Get a job and save up! You'll appreciate it much more if you pay for it yourself.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Well "quick" is relative. A GS-R is quicker than an LS for sure.

I think a stock GS-R is still plenty of fun to drive. It's not the fastest thing out there, but I still have a good time in mine!

An earlier GS-R, like a 94 or 95, is still really reliable and can be had for reasonable money.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
thats sucks, but yeah just shop around... no reason why their misfortune should prevent u from gettin a teggy.. i got mine on my lonesome and sure do appreciate it alot more than my previous cars that were hand me downs..

i did wreck the teg awhile back and had to use the money i had saved up to buy a bike on repairs so i kinda know how u feel..

·
Registered
203 Posts
No stock integra or even bolt on integra is quick by ANY stretch of the imagination.
I'd have to disagree with this. Quick is a relative term, which is user related. If someone is used to driving slower cars, then an Integra will certainly be "quick". Also, Integras are much quicker than the average joe car, especially for the price. I got my stock LS for $2700 and it was quicker than previous cars I had owned, minus the Fiero, but that was made out of fiberglass :) and it was cheaper, too.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
aoasus on Oct/09/07 said:
How is it that other people getting in a wreck will cause you to not get a car?

If it's because you're chipping in the cash you've saved up for a car so that your family can have transportation then I commend you heartily.

If it's because daddy has to pay for someone else's mistakes, and won't be able to buy you your toy, my advice is to get a job and start saving.
true, true, true, true and true.

save! make it happen for yourself. you'll enjoy it soo much more when the time comes.

·
Registered
815 Posts
get a 95 gsr for like 4000 with like 130-140k. thats what my firend did.

also, along the subject of "quick" cars. i would say that our cars are... peppy. not really quick lol... maybe quick if u only include 6k-8k lol

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
i say you'll treasure it because i didn't have my parents buy me one integra, and certainly not my second or third...
and as you work for the mods and put time into it, you'll appreciate it for what it is, whether a GS-R or an LS.

·
Registered
373 Posts
well i ended buying my first teg and my second...

i can imagine how it feels to have something like owning an integra stretched out longer, due to circumstances out of your control...but are the circumstances out of your control?

I didnt read the previous posts much...but I'd say do some jobs here and there...help your parents save up...so you'll get that integra quicker...

if they are planning on getting you a nice GSR, then i say..work and help them save up still...so maybe you can upgrade to a Type R...who knows?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm with the first guy, my dad did tell me he'd match whatever I made so I could buy my first car but I only had $250 so my first car was a $500 piece of crap lol, but I loved it. I've been through 20 different cars and trucks, and now I have a GS-R of my own finally. Just keep up on a local forum if you have one, there's bound to be an integra for sale on there, no guaratee it would be a GS-R but my first integra was a '90 RS with an LS off an automatic (no overrevving on those) and it was just as fast of my car I have now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the advice.

Oh, btw, I've started to really like the way the 2nd gen teggys... I might look into one of them.

But they are a lot slower and it'll be hard to find one in good condition, so I might have to buy a semi-beater one make a go-fast sleeper :)

Yeah, I'll probably work my way for my car.

To clear some things up, my dad'll pay up to $6k for my first car IF he gets a bonus through (sounds kind of snobby, but its not, sorry) but he said that he'd also match half of whatever I earn.

again, thanks for the advice. Anyone here have a 2nd gen for sale anytime soon? :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.